Winter

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is deathly cold this past week. The frost has kicked in, but we are still holding very bright and sunny days.

I was at a tool auction yesterday in Leicestershire, and looking around the dealers in the car park where it felt like 40 below with a wind I wondered if I had gone completely mad. I decided I wasn't quite as daft as the miserable hotel keeper in whose car park we were - who for some reason declined to open his restaurant cum bar cum coffee shop for some one or two hundred folk who wanted hot coffee and probably bacon and eggs. They did finally open at 11:30 am and the staff were absolutely miserable and slow to boot.

I hope they go broke, they deserve to - Charnwood Arms take note!

ITs freezing and damp and my tools are starting to rust.

It's cold but sunny and dry. Lovely weather for walking dogs in the woods
icon_dog037.gif

:)

Gill

It's cold here in Liverpool , lot of ground frost this morning about 2 degrees fahrenheit, I think the last time we had snow here that stuck more than a day or so, must have been over 20 years ago

:D anyone see the sunset last night it was outstanding was out walking with the dog along the cliffs it was just great :p

martyn

I can't say we never get snow in Nottingham, but it is fairly mild here, if we have snow we reckon the rest of the country is 6 feet under. Which is strange really, as the Peak District is on our doorstep (I'm in Derbyshire within 6 minutes drive of my house) and it can be winter there in June. In fact, I do remember it snowing on June 1st back home in Stoke, and that is just 42 miles away.

Reckon I'll need some new longjohns this winter.

Cheers
Steve

it was like a nice spring morning here in sunny runcorn the birds were coughin and splutterin as they tried to to defrost their feet from the trees. :shock: :shock: :lol:

frank

27F outside this morning - 72F inside the workshop. The joys of having a woodburner in the shop!

Cheers

Tim

It was 1°F when I went to work yesterday. Today as I type it is 27°F (-3°C) at 5:36 am. Last week on Friday I think it was in the 40s F here at this time.

Back