Winter Challenge Results

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grahamshed

Established Member
Reaction score
Roll of Drums
The results for the Winter Challenge are now in and are made up as follows.

My thanks to Richard for his normal good work. I wouldn’t have wanted the job
Judge's Scores
Results (and feedback) as follows -

1st Dalboy - Really well made. I'm not usually a fan of involuted turning, as it often looks awkward and misshapen, but this is a fine example, really well planned out, thought through and executed. Great work! 10 Points

The choice for second and third is difficult for me and if I could it would be joint second, but I don't think I can, so:

2nd DennisK - At first I wasn't sure about this, but returning to it, this novel idea has really grown on me. I also have a thing for this kind of art deco/industrial look, which won me over. Really well made and finished too. Well done. 8 Points

3rd Andy43 - These snowmen are perfect for the season and full of character. Really well made and fin ished to a high standard. Well done. 6 Points

4th dedee - A good effort. A good finish has been achieved on the visable surface with a nice flowing curve. Next time you need to leave more waste on the bottom to allow you to work, and try to measure those burn lines. But over all, a good entry. Well done. 4 Points

Well done to all entrants. Lets see a few more next time!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.

Richard

Entrants' Scores

Votes were received from all of the entrants totalled as follows
1st Andy43 with 8 ‘votes’ = 5 points
2nd Dalboy with 7 ‘votes’ = 4 points
3rd Dennisk with 6 ‘votes’ = 3 points
4th Dedee with 3 ‘votes’ = 2 points

My thanks to all the entrants for taking part, you are keeping this challenge alive.
So ….
Overall Scores
FIRST place with 14 points = Dalboy

Dalboy.jpg

Joint second place with 11 points = Dennisk

Dennisk.jpg

and Andy43

Andy43.jpg

4th place with 6 points = Dedee

Deedee.jpg

Congratulations and Merry Christmas to you all.

I will post the first of next years challenges between Christmas and the new year.

Attachments

• Dalboy.jpg
    Dalboy.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 1,752
  • Dennisk.jpg
    Dennisk.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 1,752
  • Andy43.jpg
    Andy43.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 1,753
  • Deedee.jpg
    Deedee.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 1,757
  • Dalboy.jpg
    Dalboy.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 1,757
  • Dennisk.jpg
    Dennisk.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 1,756
  • Andy43.jpg
    Andy43.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 1,756
Thanks Graham and Richard, hopefully the challenge will continue. I know I will keep going with it, although with Dalboy in there, the rest of us are fighting for second place! It still gets me to the lathe, and sometimes one comes up with something a little different, like the power plant that makes it a lot of fun. Thanks to all who support the challenge, and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

A thank you from me as well Graham and Richard. There have been some very good entries even though there were not that many. I would like to say that the entry from Dennisk is a breath of fresh air as it is so different and so well thought out along with the turning and finish and I look forward to some more of the same.

Well done all entrants, all very good work. I could not get my act together for this one though.

Yes, thanks guys, organiser, judge and participants. And thanks for placing mine forth and not last :D Truly amazed that anyone would think mine worthy of voting for.

I know time is tight for a lot of people but I hope my sorry efforts help to encourage others to partake. As well as the constructive feedback and the opportunity to learn new skills the comp also provides an incentive.

Might be a while before I tackle any more copy turning though. :D

Many thanks to Graham for organizing this years challenges, and to Richard for judging. Congrats to Derek on coming first and to all that took part.
Merry Christmas all.
Cheers
Andy.

Random Orbital Bob":1jq1fsn3 said:
Actually I thought yours were superb Andy and I may well copy the design...very festive and a lot of fun :)

Thanks Bob, I am sure you will do a better job than I. The design wasn't mine of course. I found them on the internet and try as I might I cannot find the page again.

Back