Winter Challenge Results

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grahamshed

Established Member
Reaction score
The results for the Winter Challenge are now in and are made up as follows.

My thanks to Richard Findley for his usual sterling work.

Judge's Scores and comments.

1st- Dennisk - Well designed, well made and finished. Very elegant and classic design, planned and executed brilliantly. 10 points

2nd - Chas - Lovely bit of segmenting work, well turned and finished, showing off the figured timber of the panels well. 8 points

3rd - Moonsfari69 - Very seasonal entry, cleverly designed and put together. Nice job. 6 points

4th - Bubba - Simple but well thought out and executed. If it weren't for the bump inside it may have been 3rd. 4 points

5th - GregMcateer - Good Christmassy entry. Well done. 2 points

Well done to all the entrants. 

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and all the best for the New Year.

Richard.

We received 4 sets of votes from the entrants, the results of which are as follows.

1st Moonsafari69 = 5 points
2nd Dennisk = 4 points
Joint 3rd, Bubba and CHJ = 3 points each
5th Gregmcateer = 2 points

Which, of course, hives us a final result of
1st - Dennis K with 14 points
file.php

Joint 2nd - Moonsafari69 and CHJ with 11 points
rsz_img_3991[1].jpg

file.php

4th - Bubba with 7 points
file.php

5th -Gregmcateer with 4 points
file.php

My congratulations and thanks to all entrants, I wish you all a merry Christmas and a well turned new year.

Attachments

• rsz_img_3991[1].jpg
    rsz_img_3991[1].jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 2,005
Well done, chaps, particularly Dennis.

And many thanks to Graham for all his work throughout the year organising the challenges and of course to Richard and Paul for kindly agreeing to judge.

Hope everyone has a great Christmas and New Year.

Cheers

Greg

Got home from work, and then got the ice ready the curling rink for tonights draws, and come home to find out i had won. Im not sure what to say, the thankyous have all been said, and its obvious that this challenge is dying, 2 entrants from the colonies and Charles was good enough to throw one in.
I get the fact that everyone is busy, and they dont want to be emberrassed by the quality of their work, and the cat got out, but somehow us 5 guys managed, and there was 5 very different entries, all good. I hope some people get some enjoyment out of this, I know I do.
If any one remembers back 5 years ago and saw the numbers of entrants and the quality of some of the work, especially my dreck, look at the quality and variety now. Thats why they call it a challenge, to make yourself better.
Thanks Graham and Paul and Richard, and Merry Christmas to all.

Congratulations to Dennis K and all of the other entrants. The pieces submitted should be held in high regard by all involved.

It would be great to see more participation in this event. I have stated before, and I will say it again, this is a great way for people to improve their turning skills. I can only speak for myself, but I have definitely benefited from the challenge of turning whatever the requirement is for each quarter.

I certainly hope the challenge does not get shut down but would certainly understand if it does not continue given the extremely low participation.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all. All the best in 2017

Bubba

Back