windows7 professiona l0EM

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
My pc supplier is going to fit the above to my new computer, however I would like a windows 7 disk supplied. I see that the OEM from amazon costs around the £100 mark but a full private version is around £164, would it pay me to pay my supplier another £60 and get the owner version?

devonwoody":1kuotgli said:
My pc supplier is going to fit the above to my new computer, however I would like a windows 7 disk supplied. I see that the OEM from amazon costs around the £100 mark but a full private version is around £164, would it pay me to pay my supplier another £60 and get the owner version?

Why not get your supplier to supply the disc for a nominal fee? I struggle to see why one would pay for a OEM Licensed machine and then pay again for another license (albeit for the disc really).

Get one from here - http://www.cclonline.com/product/55273/ ... -/SFT0067/

or http://www.cclonline.com/product/55272/ ... -/SFT0066/ for the 64 bit one.

They are legit - I get a lot of stuff from there.

HIH

Dibs

RogerS":237wwgar said:
devonwoody":237wwgar said:
.....costs around the £100 mark but a full private version is around £164, .....

How much? :shock: :shock:

Apple Lion....£21

Yebbut you pay twice as much for the same hardware :wink:

Dibs-h":uajtnivt said:
Why not get your supplier to supply the disc for a nominal fee? I struggle to see why one would pay for a OEM Licensed machine and then pay again for another license (albeit for the disc really).

He should supply the disc FOC. The OEM licence fee is to use the software just on that machine, any OEM disc will work as long as you have the unique activation code. You could even download it or copy a DVD to get the physical disc. I have loads of them from doing several machines over the years and typically use the same disc but with the OEM code for that machine.

if the pc is worth money to you then i would get the disk, ive been stuck without a disc in the past and my pc went down, i was screwed!! but shop around before you pay big bucks!!

Companies who don't supply the Windows disk (and to the best of my knowledge they aren't obliged to), would normally provide a backup restore facility on a partition, often hidden, on the hard drive. That said - i think they should provide a disk and as cutting42 says, its the codes that are important.
Tthere is usually the facility to burn a restore disk from the files on the partition.

If you want a "backup" disk to use with your own codes, pm me.

Bob

Thanks all.

My hassle with OEM is that twice I have gone down the pan.

The first time was "TIME" machine, a reload disk failed and I could not get a service because they had gone out of business.

At the present time we have a laptop as well, W7 supplied by Amazon, (Toshiba 17.3" screen) that reload disk has also failed and Amazon do not give any service,(The did give me a £100 refund to get it put right). So I have instructed the builder to install a supplied version with disk and not OEM.

But I am looking forward to my rebuild, 8gbs of ram , quad processor AMD, and a 1gb video graphics card. Should make the Apple boys cry in their beer. :wink:

You should not have to buy a complete new vesion of the software to repair/reinstall an installation on an existing legally licensed machine.

Have a look at http://forum.notebookreview.com/windows ... efore.html which gives legitimate download links and instructions on how to make an install disk as well as a program to allow a backup the licensing details of a legitimate oem installaion, then do a clean Windows install and then finally reactivates to new clean installion.

Misterfish

You can download the full disc from Microsoft free of charge, it is the license that you pay for, not the disc.

For folk who've got a PC\Laptop that came with an OEM license and they do not know what the license key is - you should find the following useful,

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html

There is a 64bit version - if you scroll towards the bottom of the page. It will display your License key in the required format - write it down & Bob's your uncle (or not as the case might be).

Dibs

Back