windows me frozen

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
friend, telephones last night uses windows me

Lock Up
Uses reset button which does the disc scan.
Still frozen
taps out F8 to get to safe mode and just gets a blank screen.
mouse or keyboard does nothing.

Any advice glady received.

devon hide your wallet :lol: :lol: sorry iam not computer ilit illet i no nofink about computers 8)

Hello Devonwoody

I know less than Frank but at least this should get your meaasge back to the top. :D Hope you get it sorted soon with very small pain in the hip pocket. :D

Travis

one of the options for selective log in with windows is with 'logging' - it tells you the name of the windows file it's trying to run during startup and so you'll be able to see which file is messing up the win startup - it'll be the filename it hangs on and sometimes that in itself can be a clue, other than that something like norton utilities that enables you to boot from the CD drive and run a few utilities, or any bootable 'DOS' type disk utilities shoudl help. Have a look on your driver CD's - the disk that came with my ATI graphics card has 'FreeDOS' which has helped me in similar times

Thanks Blurk99 for info.
I think the lady will have to call in an engineer, I am only a reload disk type man myself (Time Computer)

Things for them and against I know.

Back