Window Window Frames - Advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All,

Thank you for all the advice you have given. The glazier I was originally going to use wasn't interested in even getting me a price for Douglas Fir and claimed that it would cost 3 times as much if he did. I am now talking to a couple of joiners directly and waiting for them to come back with a price.

Thanks RobinBHM - I didn't even consider that they may be a bit bigger and change the look of the bay. I'll keep that in mind when taking to the joiners

meccarroll: With regards to the conservation area point raised we have already checked that and sadly we aren't. I say sadly due to some of the terrible UPVC windows some of our neighbors have had installed......

I think that I'll also see if I can talk to some more people about a restoration job.

If anyone can recommend someone around the East London area I would be most grateful.

Thanks

Carter

Sorry just thought of something else...

Should I also be asking or pushing for a certain type of treatment? As it stands we are just asking for it to be painted.

Thanks

I would definitely push for a powder coat finish. The powder coat is usually guaranteed for at least ten years so you won't have to do any re-decorating of the frames for a long time.

Back