WIN! WIN! WIN! Spokeshave Handle Kit!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
Read the review? Want to have a go yourself? Well one of the review kits wasn't used and BriMarc have generously allowed me to give it away as a prize. Simply answer the question below via Private Message to me and your name will go into the hat:

Q. Spokeshaves are often used by the chair-making fraternity, so name me three well-know chair makers...

Answers in by Noon on Monday 28th (that's Easter Monday), please. Good luck. :D

Cheers, Alf

Alf,

I thought that you were going to modify that kit for a round sole? If not, then I guess we should thank you as well as Brimarc!

Thank you! (PM on its way!)

Ah, small confusion. This kit is for the handles for the metal shaves, whereas the kit that'll end up with a round sole (all being well, and if someone gives me one for my birthday as requested) is for a wooden spokeshave.

Oh, and while I'm here, if one more person says "IKEA" as one of their answers, even in jest, it will go hard with them... :roll: :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Oh, and while I'm here, if one more person says "IKEA" as one of their answers, even in jest, it will go hard with them...
I don't know, you just can't laugh and joke with some people... :D :D

Andy,

You may have missed it and her profile is still secretive on the matter but Alf is once again a MODERATOR (hushed awe) of this forum. It may prohibit a sense of humour.. :wink:

Hah! I've just agreed to moderate again and you're claiming I have no sense of humour...?! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Alf":1r6f7j9x said:
Oh, and while I'm here, if one more person says "IKEA" as one of their answers, even in jest, it will go hard with them... :roll: :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Who the heck is Ikea? A Japanese chairmaker? I thought they sat on the floor.

Ikea is a Scandinavian furniture retailer which has a large market share in Europe. They pronounce their name eye-key-ah but I reckon it should be pronounced icky-er.

;) :)

Gill

Roger, Ikea are big worldwide, 35 countries. Big presence in the US too. Design, marketing and store layout are their unique selling point compared to the other flat packers. http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_US/

Noel

Well after great personal effort to find an unbiased picker from the hat, the Old Man (for he it was) shut his eyes, picked a piece of paper from the reams therein, and the winner is:

Tony! =D> (I'd have thrown him back myself, so lucky for him it was an unbiased picker... :wink: )

The kit will be winging its way to you first thing tomorrow, Tony, and did I mention the winner has to post pictures of their handles...? :wink:

The answers were varied and often educational, so thank you to all of you who entered. Mike Dunbar and Sam Maloof tied for most frequently mentioned, with Chris having the distinction of not only entering but also being an answer. :D Thomas Chippendale got three mentions while poor John Brown only got one. Tsk...

Cheers, Alf

Well, blimey!!!

Thanks to Alf's dad for not letting her pick the winner :wink:

Now I guess I'll have to think up a handle shape to make :?

Back