Will there be a new "TS250"

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emstuv

Established Member
Reaction score
With the release of the AC216TS and the AT254(L)TS, there appears to be a void.

Has anyone heard if there is a "TS250" type saw in the pipeline? The AT254 type is a bit pricey and fairly large.

And yes, I am looking at getting a table saw for a one car garage and am not looking to get bogged down in the discussion that was in a previous thread.

In reality I doubt if anyone except Axminster knows, the biggest difference between the two you mention is an extra 10mm in depth of cut and the bigger motor on the AT254, the question you have to ask yourself is "will these two difference's effect what I want to do with the saw?"

With all the bits now available for the smaller AC216TS it looks like a good alternative to the TS250 if the depth of cut is not a problem.

MikeJhn":33v9z723 said:
In reality I doubt if anyone except Axminster knows, the biggest difference between the two you mention is an extra 10mm in depth of cut and the bigger motor on the AT254, the question you have to ask yourself is "will these two difference's effect what I want to do with the saw?"

With all the bits now available for the smaller AC216TS it looks like a good alternative to the TS250 if the depth of cut is not a problem.

The AC216TS lacks the table extensions that the previous model had.

570 mm x 675 mm (including the extension) is still rather small. A lot smaller than my job site saw, 640x940 (which has extending sides).

It's the only thing that is putting me off buying it myself, as I don't want to replace my current saw with something smaller, as I do use the full width often. I can make my own extensions, but lack of the fence profile is the issue.

Once you put the table extensions on any of these small/site saws you are getting into the realms of a much bigger fixed saw or a purpose made rolling bench, and not a portable unit as the AC216TS can be, so not looking at the same thing.

Space is the primary concern and with a cut depth of 65mm I should be able to rip down lumper and potentially use jigs for other work. As for the size of the table, I am planing on placing it in a build bench with some extensions made from laminate (or similar) on the side and outfeed.

Just need to wait until Axm gets them back in stock.

As Transatlantic said above the only consideration then is the cut width with the lack of rail for the fence, as long as the standard cut width is adequate for your needs I am sure it will serve you well, but I am sure an aluminium section would be available to extend or be modified to replace the standard rail, we are supposed to be clever people us woodworkers? =D>

Yes it does only offer a 370mm rip capacity.

But with AutoCAD and a machine shop I am sure there are possibilities :D

Now if you are going to make something to increase the ripping capacity, that would make a very interesting thread.

Yes, first I need to get hold of the saw.

I have been look at this: https://vsctools.com/product-details/table-saw-fence/

Without actually looking at the saw and how the current fence lock/rail is, it is difficult to say. My one concern is that the cast iron table is fairly narrow, so it would in theory only be able to support a certain length of square steel. I am surprised that Ax doesn't offer an upgrade, but then again that might make less people buy a bigger saw.

Any way....it could be an interesting project. I´ll put in on the list, number 186.

transatlantic":1xx2e7vx said:
MikeJhn":1xx2e7vx said:

The AC216TS lacks the table extensions that the previous model had.

570 mm x 675 mm (including the extension) is still rather small. A lot smaller than my job site saw, 640x940 (which has extending sides).

It's the only thing that is putting me off buying it myself, as I don't want to replace my current saw with something smaller, as I do use the full width often. I can make my own extensions, but lack of the fence profile is the issue.
There is actually an error in the Axy details on those sizes.

That 570mm figure doesn't include the rear extension. If you look at the manual you can see this as they have 570mm for both with and without the extension. The main table is a reasonable amount bigger than the TS200.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back