Will I - won't I?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam

Established Member
Reaction score
Will I - won't I? Get the 18 "old" chisels advertised in the local paper for £20?

I ring the number on the advert and the chap said "ring back tomorrow lunchtime as I'm busy at the moment"...blah blah "I'm in tomorrow afternoon if you want to come and have a look".

"Agreed" I said. I'll call tomorrow morning and come and look tomorrow afternoon.

So, here's hoping he hasn't stitched me up and sold them to someone else!

Adam

Nope. No luck. He stitched me up.

I've rung up for a few items in the local paper, and I think I've finally worked it out. I think they are worried about not selling the item they have for sale, so when you ring, despite knowing they have a buyer coming the same evening, they say "ring back tomorrow when I'm not so busy". Oh well, I'll leep trying.

A_L

Local evening papers print a number of editions during the day. The early edition usually has the previous days news but the classified ads are new. Most bargains are bought by people who wait outside the offices & buy the early edition straight off the press. Therfore, you are more likely to be disappointed when you ring for the 'bargain' in the evening edition.

Bad luck, Adam. At least round here they have the honesty to say when there's someone else having a look first. It's when the paper prints the wrong 'phone number for something juicy that I get really annoyed :evil:

Cheers, Alf

it was friday-ad I was looking on - which comes on on Fridays (not surprisingly!), but you can grab a copy on thursday evening, if you work out which places get the first edition. However, I noticed recently that the website is updated instantly as soon as advert is submitted, so need to look at it daily to find bargains.

http://www.friday-ad.co.uk

Back