Wild Dovetails

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philly

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All
Was flicking through the latest issue of Fine Woodworking and saw a great piece in the readers gallery on page 89.Its a curved front chest of drawers with curved dovetailed on the drawers. Check it out, its pretty impressive! Luckily there's a link on the FW website here
Scroll down to Richard Creek.
Cheers
Philly :D

That's fantastic!

I haven't seen this publication before. Is it widely available (WH Smiths et al) or subscription only?

Pretty impressive is a bit of an understatement!! Those curved dovetails look great. I think the hardest part would be getting the curves to match perfectly, the actual cutting of the dovetails would be the same as for straight ones or am I missing something?

John

Hmm.........Well I didn't get a happy response to my double twisted dovetails :twisted: But who knows!

Ah, come on then Philly, make us suffer one more time with wild and strange dovetails :) .

Nah, really. There's not many people, Philly, that I know that would not only attempt something new, but has a great chance to pull it off.

If you do, you promise to share with us? :wink:

Mike

Regards to thoughs dovetails.

Couldn't you just dovetail a flat piece of wood and steam bend it, then mark the tails from that?
( Please bear in mind I don't know nufingk much).

Gary.

Hmm...Possible, Gary, but I reckon it will be easier just to go for it!
Mike, you got me blushing, now, Mate :oops: :wink:
Cheers

Back