WiFi Radio; any good ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cordy

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone got a 'WiFi' radio ?
I'm thinking about getting something like THIS

Not sure if they are Ok

At the mo I am listening to Classic FM South Africa version via my computer

Would be good to occasionally listen in my garage

We've got the 83i and it's great, with very straightforward controls considering the range of functions. It works fine as long as it has a good WiFi signal.
Duncan

I just use my iPhone, there's a free app called TuneIn Radio that's works pretty well.

I often use that for LBC, sports news etc while I'm in workshop.

+1 for smartphone with Bluetooth connection to speaker. I use mine not only for radio but also music streamed from Spotify. And it also means I don’t miss any calls, messages or texts from the missus calling me down for my tea.

I find it excellent . I've been using a Soundbridge Roku and Logik for the last 8 or 9 years. As long as your Wifi is good no probs. With the Logik the Wifi was an internal USB stick and I changed it to an ethernet dongle . Both worked well. Also have an app ( UK Radio) on my phone as well. As I am outside the UK I occasionly get a rights restriction but not that often, maybe with live rugby etc. Even thats fixable with a VPN. :)

We have got a Roberts Stream 105 and it has been excellent. I understand that people use their phones now, but it is Nice to have the radio, the sound quality is better And volume range is greater.

£170!!!!???? You know an Amazon Echo does what this does and so much more. Or use an app on your phone and connect it to a good bluetooth speaker.

Thanks for all replies
Just ordered the above Roberts from John Lewis £169.00
Early birthday present from Mrs C

My mobile phone is only a pay as you go thing and hardly used

Listening to radio stations from around the world I find very interesting; especially places where I lived in a previous life :D

Still looking for Wi-Fi radio stations in Kalgoorlie West Australia and British Solomon Islands

Roberts due today; will arrive between 08:23 and 11:23 :D

Back