WiFi CCTV with recurring notification options.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seve88

Reaction score
My detached garage has power and WiFi. I have done pretty much all I can within reason in terms of slowing down entry into the garage.

I bought a Eufy E20 camera which works off a battery (though mains powered would be fine as well) and sends a notification to my phone via WiFi.

For £60 it is really good and the motion detection is pretty faultless.

My only negative is the notification to my phone. Like other apps it is a single tone noise. I doubt that would always wake me in the night.

Anybody got a similar setup which has some form of recurring notification which would not be missed at night etc?

iPhone - could you use shortcut to make it louder / sound a different alarm

Android - there must be an app to trigger a louder alarm from a notification

iPhone - could you use shortcut to make it louder / sound a different alarm

Android - there must be an app to trigger a louder alarm from a notification
Should have stated Android. I can make it loud, but it is still a single "chime" if that makes sense.

I thought the notification to a phone would be when you are away from the premises, if you are there and someone breaks in then all you need is a local sounder which would wake you up.
The garage is about 30 meters from the house and opposite side to where I sleep. Ideally, just in case of false alarms, I wouldn't want something disturbing others.

My aim is for it to notify me so I can call the police/deal myself.

I'm not an Android user, but can you not customise the notification sound on a per app basis? A quick Google found some details from Samsung (see the “Change notification sounds for apps individually section”)

2559D321-FB11-4D26-B8DF-E0719605B460.jpeg

The link above also shows how to use an audio file/song, so you could use something much longer

Sean

My aim is for it to notify me so I can call the police/deal myself.
Then have an audible alarm within the house, either visual or acoustic which would wake you up.

I wouldn't want something disturbing others.
Thats exactly what a burgular would want, to be left in peace to take what they want. If suddenly they are illuminated and blasted by an alarm they will just leg it.

I'm not an Android user, but can you not customise the notification sound on a per app basis? A quick Google found some details from Samsung (see the “Change notification sounds for apps individually section”)

View attachment 147284
The link above also shows how to use an audio file/song, so you could use something much longer

Sean
That is helpful thanks. My phone limits to 5 seconds but I think that would be good enough with the correct sound.

Thanks again.

Should have stated Android. I can make it loud, but it is still a single "chime" if that makes sensomething appropriate into you music

Should have stated Android. I can make it loud, but it is still a single "chime" if that makes sense.
Upload something appropriate onto your music app and then import it to your ringtones

Anybody got a similar setup which has some form of recurring notification which would not be missed at night etc?

I have a Ring setup which includes a home alarm and outdoor camera with flood lights.

The camera is mains powered with Wi-Fi and will turn on the lights and notify you of motion, as well as recording rolling footage.

The home alarm is mains powered with Wi-Fi, but also has battery and SIM card backup. As well as sending notifications to your phone it will also call a designated number.

I’m very happy with it. It doesn’t cost too much, but does require a monthly subscription for some of the services. We pay £8/month because we have quite a few devices. I think it’s cheaper if you just one or two.

Latest posts

Back