Wife Scratched worktop help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andypo

Established Member
Reaction score
My wife has cut what appears to be just into the laquer. Whats best way to remove this urgent. Ty its a laminate worktop

Hi Andypo
I am assuming you are refering to a laminate kitchen worktop. If this is the case then Screwfix do a product called Colorfill worktop compound. It comes in a range of colours, haven't used the stuff myself but might help.
Regards
Howie

When you say "Lacquer" - I presume these are high gloss tops and she has scratched the high gloss finish, but it hasn't gone through to the pattern underneath?

If so, i'm not sure there is anything you can do. Colourfill won't help (although it will do the trick if it's the pattern underneath which has been scratched).

Cheers

Karl

At work so no pics at min the scratch is very fine white in colour they are black lamainate worktops just want to infill the scratch help

DIVORCE!
or I would
Firstly keep it CLEAN cover with tape for now.
Then build up with lacquer and allow to fully harden - a week.
Cut it using silver polish, brasso or similar to remove the excess from the undamaged surface.

Bob

9fingers":1iiirmec said:
Depends Roy, a flogging might be seem as pleasurable by some :lol: :lol:

Bob
Having watched the 'da Vinci Code' the other night (what a load of tosh) I reckon that monk would have a different view :lol: - Rob

Into the stocks I say and a goodly pelting with eggs and rotten fruit :lol:

Our last worktops wre matt black and numerous scratches appeared (out of thin air I would add :? ).

I tried all sorts but was never happy with it but the nearest I could get was the compound I bought to seal the corner joints. I think it was coloufill but from Howdens at about half the price of the sheds

Tape the edges close to the scratch and overfill slightly then as said buff it down. I made the initial mistake of not taping and managed to make the surrounding of the scratch even more apparent :oops: :oops:

Bob

Back