Wickabiscuit (SP)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlimShavings

Established Member
Reaction score
IS this a real cereal. They are marketing it here in the hills. says its the most popular cereal in England. What is it :) is it better than biscuits and gravy or grits.?? inquiring minds want to know.?? :)

wrightclan":3703uhoc said:
Smudger,

You got in there faster than me. :? :D

Brad

Bored tonight. You know those days when you drop everything, put gouges in the work you finished sanding yesterday, and end up watching TV with your laptop?

SlimShavings":cwj0d1w6 said:
says its the most popular cereal in England.

Slim
I regret to have to tell you that you might have to entertain the possibility that the marketing guys might just possibly be lying to you.

Cheers
Steve

wrightclan":h2yjitpr said:
SlimShavings":h2yjitpr said:
IS this a real cereal. They are marketing it here in the hills. says its the most popular cereal in England. What is it :) is it better than biscuits and gravy or grits.?? inquiring minds want to know.?? :)

Is it Weetabix perhaps? Or have they Americanis(z)ed the name, maybe?

Brad

Yup
Thats the stuff. Just had a commercial for it while ago. Seem like you put all kinds of stuff on it. Fruit,yogurt,nuts and anything else you can think of. the biscuits look funny. Maybe its like shredded wheat. Anyway I thought they might be spinning things a mite. :) Reckon I might try some just to see what ya'all eat. :)

Just had some Oatabix It looks like Weetabix, and taste like Weetabix, infact I couldn't tell the difference :lol: still nice though :lol:

I remember having my first weetabix back in 1953 can anyone beat that?

wrightclan":3o6ezbmo said:
Is it Weetabix perhaps? Or have they Americanis(z)ed the name, maybe?
When I worked in California a few years back my local Safeway used to sell Weetabix (original name), made in Canada. Tasted just as good as the original (i.e. a step or two above chipboard :lol: - a lot better if you add fruit and stuff)

Scrit

Organic Weetabix®
Weetabix®, Britain's best selling cereal, has been loved by young and old alike for over 70 years. In recent years, it has taken the U.S. by storm as well. These unique oval biscuits are made of Organic Whole Wheat, lightly sweetened to allow their natural flavor to shine through.

Now there are three ways to get that Weetabix® whole grain goodness: Original Biscuits, for traditionalists, and new Crispy Flakes and Crispy Flakes & Fiber, for those who crave a bit more crunch. All are organic, packed with wholesome nutrition, and made without any artifical ingredients, hydrogenated oils or trans fats.

Discover for yourself, why Weetabix® cereals are England's favorites, and have a jolly good morning.

Weetabix® - Organic
Made with delicious, organic whole wheat for a nourishing, fiber rich breakfast. Delicious cold or hot and now a good source of 8 vitamins and minerals. Details...

From http://www.worldpantry.com/cgi-bin/ncom ... nbr=881895

Slim,

Like the biscuits that are more usually mentioned on this forum these ones need to be kept away from moisture otherwise they swell up. Actually thinking about it they may even taste better spread with a bit of PVA :lol:

Steve

Weetabix - Bleuch! Evil stuff! Roasted sawdust and birdcage sweepings compressed into a loose bar that turns a bowl of milk into a morass of wet sludge in mere moments. Gakk!!

(I'm not a big fan of it)

V.

Back