Wi-Fi printer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug B

Shy Tot
Reaction score
Could anyone recommend a wi-fi printer that`s easy to set up & cheap on ink.

Also are wi-fi printers easy to connect to an I-pad?

TIA.

Cheers.

Staples were doing a samsung wireless laser printer on the cheap so might be worth a look.

If you prefer to go inkjet then Kodak are the cheapest for ink.

My HP can use Wi Fi or RJ45 or USB, I use RJ45.

My visitors using I-pads connected to my network via Wi-Fi have no problem printing to it as far as I know so I see no reason why they would not be able to if it was using the WiFi connection instead of the RJ45.

Don't know what happens re printer drivers though regarding the I-pad.

Found this on HP support forum

Careful.
A friend of mine bought a wireless printer for his iPad and he couldn't get it to work. Apparently the iPad needs an Air Printer, which isn't the same. Now I don't know the difference, or the details, but it is worth checking out. If you are connecting an iPad through an existing network, I think that is a different matter.

How much are you going to print, Doug? Consumables add up. Laserprinters are higher up front cost but lower running costs. I was staggered to read how many colour pages we have printed on our laserprinter....3562 :shock: God knows on what.

Edit: I remember now. It was trying to get the colour right on those £50 notes

Steve Maskery":21qozsx5 said:
A friend of mine bought a wireless printer for his iPad and he couldn't get it to work. Apparently the iPad needs an Air Printer, which isn't the same. Now I don't know the difference, or the details, but it is worth checking out...
Just to clarify, AirPrint is a standard that allows AirPrint-enabled Apps on iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) to print to AirPrint-enabled printers - no drivers, no print queue config, no 'photo-plus print'n'share gift-card scrapbook manager pro' etc.. etc...

All AirPrint compatible printers are WiFi, but not all WiFi printers are AirPrint compatible; more details here.

Alternatively, software is available to let you print from iOS to a non-AirPrint printer via your PC or Mac; I have FingerPrint (£10 or so, free 30-day trial) on my home server that lets any iOS device in the house print to our colour laser; works really well.

HTH, Pete

Thanks for the input chaps.

Only need to get a new one because of all the wife & kids Apple gear. #-o where`s the grumbling smilie when you need it :lol:

Cheers.

Latest posts

Back