Why is Richard a cucumber!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jordec66

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All, i was trying to respond to Dickm, without using the m at the end of his name. Many of you may already have come across this, but it's a first for me.Whenever I type his name, it changes it to cucumber! My wife says that they must be using software, based on the assumption that Im typing naughty words!!! I wonder what really naughty words are changed to and what are we supposed to call Dickm? Just to check i'm not imagining it, i will now type the shortened version of the name Richard: dick, dick, dick.

The computer programme is a secret follower of Political Correctness!

Roy.

Bodger, I have no idea as I'm using an Apple on Orange and I don't even have a Blackberry. But it's probably better than getting the rough end of a pineapple up yer chuff?

Nowt to do with PC either Roy 'cause I got a Macbook :mrgreen: I 'ope it don't become a dirty Macbook or I mightn't be able to post owt? :oops:

Thinkin about it, the whole situation with these stupid gits PCs me off (hammer)

It stops them from doing something dangerous I imagine.

Roy.

had just the same recently trying to type the abbreviation of street, which always came out 'dung'. It got fixed pretty quick, but had me baffled. I suspect it may be related to some slang filter that may be a bit confused... a mod will cast more light maybe.

The main cause is that members continue to pass, what to some are abusive comments about other members, the odd wrong word substitution takes place when temporary action is taken to try and avoid another round of personal attacks that do nobody any good.

The alternative to these little hiccups is to strictly apply the general global rule (2.) No offensive material .
This in turn would be even more disruptive to members and the forum.

You takes your pick folks,

Hi Chas - understood. Been said before but you all (the mods) do well enough indeed! Us lot will always find some weird thing to pick up on.

Latest posts

Back