Why I have been so quiet

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mailee

Established Member
Reaction score
I know I have been quiet recently and here is the reason:
Alldoorsinprimer.jpg

I have been working on the second part of the Shabby chic wardrobes. I thought I would get the doors and drawer fronts out of the way first as they are a pain. I now have these in primer and ready for the top coats so I can now start on the carcasses for them. :D

I got all the carcasses assembled at last and primed the front edges. Next job is to get them all primed. I think I need a bigger workshop though! :shock:
Carcassesassembled.jpg

I still have to make the mouldings yet too.

A bigger workshop yes, but perhaps filled with treacle to slow you down a tad :)

Looks to be a lot more units/doors than I remember from the last shabby build (?), customer must of been very happy with the last job.

Yes there are. This is for the other side of the bedroom this time. Units will surround the bed on this wall. Unfortunitely the ceiling slopes at the sides hence the small trianglular doors. Customer was very happy with the last lot and has asked about a hall table too. :D

Oh I shall certainly be getting pics of the finished units in place after all this work. I have been putting some hours in this week and it seems to be paying off. I have most of the units in primer now and have given the mouldings a coat of brown.
DSCN2745.jpg

I assmbled the corner top boxes today too. I did paint the insides before I assembled them this is just a dry fit.
DSCN2744.jpg

Then added the small door which will house a security box in the bottom of one of the robes.
DSCN2741.jpg

Almost ready for painting now.
DSCN2740.jpg

After a small job this morning I got back onto the wardrobes and have got them sprayed now. I also made a start on the drawer boxes. I made six large ones and one small one which will become the make up drawer below the dressing table.
DSCN2751.jpg

This was challenging to put some dovetails in with being so slim. Thank god for the dovetail jig.
DSCN2753.jpg

I ended the night by setting out the runner positions for the drawers.
DSCN2752.jpg

I am glad to say I am almost there with this build now.
DSCN2759.jpg

I am working on the cornice and scribing pieces now and then it will be ready to fit. :D

I love this forum, full of friendly people and honest opinions, and without wanting to cause upset, that bedroom is the mother of all bad bedrooms in terms of look.

Is great you are making money from it, but in terms of taste that is awful, utterly awful.

Great to see WIP stuff though.

Regards, G

Yes G it is not to my taste either but it is what the customer wanted and she is paying for it so who am I to argue? :lol: I have just about finished these now and will be fitting them on Friday. I added a posh touch to the dressing table drawer today and finished off scuffing up the cabinets.
DSCN2765.jpg

I think it will be a good days work fitting them but I do have a hard working helper for them. :D

Well I got the bedroom suite fitted at last. It did take me two days though! :roll: I would have had it fitted in one day but I made a mistake! I had scribed the right hand side in fine and then cut the left hand side too narrow, doh! :oops: I had to make up another scribing piece back at the shop and fit it this afternoon. Here are some pics of it in place.
DSCN2777.jpg

This was the side I messed up, turned out well in the end.
DSCN2776.jpg

DSCN2778.jpg

You may have noticed a missing handle too, I think I left it back at the shop. It has been one of those jobs where everything seemed to go wrong or was a tap difficult. Anyway I was happy with it in the end and just hope the customer is when she returns. ;)

All sorted then (hammer) , as above not my cup of tea for styling but a good job all the same =D>

Do the handles have a distressed finish to them? cant see from the pics.

Not a fan of Shabby chic, reminds me of my aunts poodle!

Must say that it looks really well made and fitted though!!

Russ

I am suprised that the customer didnt want something (handle) that looked a bit used to go with the rest of the finish, but hey customers choice so nevermind :mrgreen:

Keep up the good work. Assuming your not moving workshop that is, in that case good luck with that!

Back