• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Why are some posts pounced on by members and others not?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

doctor Bob

Established Member
Reaction score
OK.... just sticking my nose in to others business but.... how come and today has been a perfect example, someone can sell something which is obviously an item they produce as a business with no objection, yet 2 others put items up and people instantly quote rules

Some are pounced on instantly for displaying ONO (rules quoted including section it's in), yet for others it doesn't seem to matter
Seems double standards or old boys clubish.

Anyway I'm sure someone will give me a good explanation....

CHJ

Established Member
Reaction score
Moderators happen to have other lives to lead and can only action items when spotted or reported.

If you can provide a means of getting instananious communication with a person not sat at their computer or logged into the forum 24/7 then please let me know it would speed up clarification or confirmation enquiries no end, then maybe you would not have to worry unduly about the moderation of the forum.

doctor Bob

Established Member
Reaction score
CHJ":1l266bbp said:
Moderators happen to have other lives to lead and can only action items when spotted or reported.

If you can provide a means of getting instananious communication with a person not sat at their computer or logged into the forum 24/7 then please let me know it would speed up clarification or confirmation enquiries no end, then maybe you would not have to worry unduly about the moderation of the forum.
I apologise if you feel it was aimed at the moderators, it was meant to read as "Why are some posts pounced on by forum members and other not".. Just a question..

I love all you moderators... well OK I like Noel best but don't take it to heart.

Lord Kitchener

Established Member
Reaction score
CHJ":2svi0ytq said:

I think there are some mobile phone type devices that can do that. I'm not sure if my android phone could be programmed to do that, issue a warning bleep or whatever each time something was posted, but I expect the fancier phones could. Maybe the Ipad?

CHJ

Established Member
Reaction score
doctor Bob":xgx12a70 said:
...... "Why are some posts pounced on by forum members and other not".. Just a question..
It would appear that some folks have different standards or reading preferences and only look at threads that interest them.
I personally think they should be forced to suffer and that reading all posts was made compulsory.
doctor Bob":xgx12a70 said:
....I love all you moderators... well OK I like Noel best but don't take it to heart.
No accounting for some folks preferences.

Noel

Staff member
Reaction score
Lord Kitchener":1cdszvgz said:
CHJ":1cdszvgz said:

I think there are some mobile phone type devices that can do that. I'm not sure if my android phone could be programmed to do that, issue a warning bleep or whatever each time something was posted, but I expect the fancier phones could. Maybe the Ipad?
Suspect Chas wasn't being too serious.....if it was possible it would be the last thing I'd want, in fact it doesn't even get near to last...

Bobby who?