Who's the most miserable git you know?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amateur

Established Member
Reaction score
Our window cleaner never, ever smiles, or passed the time of day . Even when it's sunny.
If you catch him while the Sun's out, you start feeling depressed just watching him work.
So today I though I'd be more sociable when he came round with his new set up of yellow pipes and non streak, non squeegee detergent.
Nice day.
Yes.
I've just been reading an article about window cleaners.
No reaction, only a grunt.
It says that window cleaners are propositioned by women more than any other trades person that visit homes.
Grunt. Slight parting of lips that could be a grin.
Says nothing.
I continued,
Is that the reason you always look so tired when you get to our house?
He's no longer grinning. Collects his stuff, gets in his van and drives off.

Can you beat that?

Thankfully I don't meet a lot of people day to day, I try to avoid misery types but imho there doesn't appear to be as many cheerful smiling people as used to be.

Maybe it's just me.

My oldest son! Honestly I think if he won the lottery he would moan about having to carry the heavy money to the bank.

People say he's just like me....

I may be the cause of the problem

Anyone I ask politely "And how are you?" and then wish I hadn't. There have been a few.

My oldest son! Honestly I think if he won the lottery he would moan about having to carry the heavy money to the bank.

People say he's just like me....

I may be the cause of the problem

I thought you were great in Au videsain pet..really funny....
And your record Crocodile shoes was fantastic...
You are not a miserable git...

Our window cleaner heard me trying to play the banjo and next time he came he brought one and gave it to me!
Very nice of him - I passed it on to ebay it was a bit of a wreck.
I don't suppose they all give banjos away though.

Our window cleaner never, ever smiles, or passed the time of day . Even when it's sunny.
If you catch him while the Sun's out, you start feeling depressed just watching him work.
So today I though I'd be more sociable when he came round with his new set up of yellow pipes and non streak, non squeegee detergent.
Nice day.
Yes.
I've just been reading an article about window cleaners.
No reaction, only a grunt.
It says that window cleaners are propositioned by women more than any other trades person that visit homes.
Grunt. Slight parting of lips that could be a grin.
Says nothing.
I continued,
Is that the reason you always look so tired when you get to our house?
He's no longer grinning. Collects his stuff, gets in his van and drives off.

Can you beat that?
Obviously he thought you were on to him and your wife...

Our window cleaner heard me trying to play the banjo and next time he came he brought one and gave it to me!
Very nice of him - I passed it on to ebay it was a bit of a wreck.
I don't suppose they all give banjos away though.

I think he was trying to sabotage your marriage. Even banjo players have jokes about how much people hate the sound of a banjo.

My entry is an old fellow who lived near my grandparents. When my father would hunt on his in-law's land, this guy would come out of his house with a long club and threaten the hunters by slapping the club against his hand and telling them where the property lines were (they already knew and nobody crossed them - we had 330 acres at the time - no need to wander).

When a lady down the road refused to sell her farm to him, he set fire to her barn (he wanted to expand).

And then out of a stroke of non-luck, he moved in across the road from my parents - 10 miles away, 25 years later, and moved in with an old widow. She ended up fleeing the house and giving it away to him as he said if she ever left, he'd shoot her. She went and bought another house. I don't think he's there any longer, but I wouldn't ever say anything to him as if he's still alive in his 90s, I'm sure he can still use a lighter.

Oh yeah, and he's a nazi apologist (emigrated from germany after the war) and if you have the misfortune to ever come across him when he's not in a bad mood, he immediately goes into a diatribe about how the holocaust never happened.

I hope he's gone.

A while ago, I was doing some work at this guy's house. He'd stand there watching me, looking miserable..every day. I was there on and off for a month, one day I had a brain fart and cut my hand with a saw..oh he found that funny!:mad:

I can think of two. One is the meanest man I know - proper farmer. Loaded but always pleading poverty. Tap in the factory was leaking so he started using the main stop valve to use the tap. When he wore that out he made a key to use the valve out in the road. For the sake of a tap washer.
The other is a woman who is a neighbour of an elderly friend of mine. Her house is next to his driveway, she started parking on it, then got nasty when he told her to stop because all her relations were blocking his drive. It's turned into all out neighbour fom hell stuff - training cameras on his drive, putting concrete blocks in his gateway, nasty solicitors letters. I was hoping covid would finish her off but she seems tougher than a cockroach. Evil old bat.

Back