Who's kerf is it anyway...?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope that fence is comfy, Jeff... :lol:

Left it is then? That'll be the rip saw... However, further to my theory forming, anyone want to venture a preference on these? Sorry, thought I'd got them equally off-centre; I think the right one's clear enough but if you want another shot of it, yell.

I'll say no more in case I unwittingly influence anything.

Cheers, Alf

Beginning to realise she's really, really bad at stopping to a line. :oops:

All right,
With the close-up view I can seee both quite well. The left one looks better to me. Hope it isn't the crosscut...:oops: :wink:
Frank

I think a new avatar might be in order round here!

anorak2.jpg
:lol: :lol:

Alf

Re the cross grain cutting, the close up view makes it look as if the right side has a slightly smoother kerf. It is hard to judge two kerfs in one pic since the viewing angles are different.

Regards from Perth

Derek

Hi Alf
In the last two piccies you've posted, I reckon left is best in the first, and the far right in the second.

Well, while anoraks are useful and practical clothing, Chris may have a point here...

However, just so you won't yell at me for not telling, all the kerfs on the left are rip, all the right hand ones crosscut. (On the last pic it's two rip, two crosscut, if you see what I mean). What's bugging me is, by feel, the set on the rip is enormous compared with the X-cut, and yet the results don't seem to equate at all. :? I'm starting to wonder about that X-cut saw now. :roll:

Cheers, Alf

Who has proved, to herself, that with these saws, this sharpening job, that particular bit of oak and with her sawing technique, rip cut is slighty better. YMMV.

Hmm. Worth all the effort d'you think...? :roll: :lol:

Latest posts

Back