Whos been a busy boy then

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bean

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all after a furious couple of weeks I have something to show :shock: Yes two things in one month (eh Alf)

a small box in Oak & Walnut made from offcuts :D

http://www.picjar.com/pub/bean/Boxes/Oa ... alnut4.JPG

And not forgetting this Instrument stand in Yew & Walnut, (turning by a certain Steve Maskery)

http://www.picjar.com/pub/bean/Instrume ... rinet2.JPG

The stand will hold two Clarinets or one clarinet and one flute :D good eh!

Bean
D-OakDecorativewithWalnut4.JPG

Bean,

Very nice, Yew looks good. Did you need to add any weights in the bottom to lower the centre of gravity when the instruments are in place?

The pictures are nice but you have an extra / on the end of the file name.

I can see then by cutting and pasting the link but cannot get it to show inline, sorry I need to go to bed, where is Adam? He is the man to sort it out. :D

Very nice work indeed Bean!! I think I recognise that yew and now know why you ddin't use my lathe :wink: Nice one Steve

Ooo, nice. I think I could easily turn into a big fan of yew; wonderful colours. So that's what the turning was for then.
rolleyes.gif

Cheers, Alf

P.S. Could a mod turn the image links into URL ones d'you think? The image one doesn't seem to want to work.

Mod Edit 13.55 Done

very very nice mr bean the box looks very good, not over the top, as my youngest would say cool 8) 8)

Thank you one and all, yet again you have made me feel humble, I think I may be getting the hang of this wood stuff.

I'm not sure what happened to the pictures, I copied the links as normal.......I HATE PC's :evil: ........................sometimes :wink:

Bean

Bean":9h3t1hsb said:
I think I may be getting the hang of this wood stuff.
Ah, the best feeling in the world that, when you really feel you're starting to "get it". Nicest thing of all is it'll keep happening 'cos there's always something new to learn.
biggrin.gif

Cheers, Alf

P.S. Thanks, your modishness

Finished item looks good Bean. The client should be very happy.
Cheers
Steve
(who is glad that only one of each was required, rather than a matching set...)

Alf your right a couple of weeka ago I learnt not to put your finger near the saw when it was still running :roll: As if I didnt know already :roll:
Still nothin lost except a bit of pride.......... Good lesson though :shock:

Bean

Alf well would you belive that the guard got in the way :shock: a good job too. Else I would have become a single finger trypist :wink: .

I work with machinery and have done since I was about 16 (a couple of years ago) :roll: and I know only too well the dangers, I have seen too many at work, so i believe that I am careful with machines. It just goes to show, you can never be too careful.

Bean

Oh yes I like Yew as well, its the colours ya know :D :D A bit of a £$%&^% to work though, I could do with a low angle plane, and as someone nearby would say ....... you cannot have too many :D

Back