Who would like to see more Comparison Tool Testing in GWW?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The notion that magazines are inherently corrupt and always pandering to advertisers is repeated so often that it seems to be accepted as gospel truth.

It isn't.

If advertiser A produces a piece of junk and a magazine says it's a work of genius, it just massively offended advertisers B to Z. Does that make sense? Why would they do that?

I've been a magazine journalist or more than 20 years, and I'm heartily sick of being casually insulted about this.

Folks,

Could you let this thread go now, please? I know everyone wants to get their point across, but I think maybe we should leave this for the time being. Hope you agree 'cos I don't want to have to start doing serious moderating. Especially when I know none of you really need being told what to do by nanny.

Cheers, Alf

Admin: Heavily edited to allow for the joke but nothing else. :wink: Neil PM'd me to say my last post had appeared while he was composing this one and gave me permission to delete it, for which I thank him. Cheers, Alf

I haven't really had much contact with Pete Martin, but I have no reason to doubt his integrity.

Neil

I haven't really had much contact with Pete Martin, but I have no reason to doubt his integrity.

I can personally vouch for the integrity of Pete Martin. I've known him for a long time (far too long if truth be known) and consider him just the sort of chap you'd want to buy a drink whenever you saw him :lol:

Hi Pete

Pete Martin":3h40ipto said:
I can personally vouch for the integrity of Pete Martin. I've known him for a long time (far too long if truth be known) and consider him just the sort of chap you'd want to buy a drink whenever you saw him :lol:

I would buy you a pint anytime, it's just that Andy King that I'm a bit concerned about. :roll:

ROTFL :wink:

Cheers
Neil

Pete,
Watch out for him-have you seen that picture of him with the chainsaw covered in blood? :wink:
Cheers
Philly :D

Sorry folks, I'm locking this thread as a preventative measure. I'm sure you'll understand.

Cheers, Alf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back