Who the Heck are Magnusson?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Droogs

Not the Sharpest Moderator in the box
Reaction score
Just got an email from Screwfix banging on about their new handtool range. Seems to be that they have replaced a lot of last years stock brands expecially clamps for Magnusson stock. Anybody heard of them or are they the new Erbauer for screwfix's handtools

Interesting. A chap down at my local screwfix the other day told me that "Forge Steel" have lost the contract to supply screwfix so they will be clearing stocks to make way for their replacement. This was a hint to keep my eye on the "managers specials" shelf for some cheap stuff cheaper than usual. Maybe the Magnusson branded gear is taking over. Wouldn't be surprised if it all comes out of the same factories.

I've used a Magnusson brick hammer for years and it's been great, so don't write them off just yet.

well screwfix gotrid of all their sash clamps by 4 jan from forge steel. Tried to buy a dozen to be told they had 1 in the uk. saying that, it was less than a tenner for a 48" in the sale. the Magnusson ones are being shown a fair bit more costly per unit than the forge steel were last year. Don't want to go and get monkey metal tat with the time wasted to sort it out. Well order 2 I suppose and see what they're like

Hi there people,
I know the posts above are quite old but I couldn't help noticing the different opinions on the Magnusson brand, more commonly seen in B&Q.
I just wanted to add the information I researched after the Rolling Site Boxes, sold under, (originally) the JCB name.
After B&Q dropped the JCB name on their Rolling Site Boxes they reappeared as Magnusson.
I researched long and hard on the internet because B&Q always seemed to have difficulty having the entire range in stock.
I found that in actual fact, the manufacturer was in fact KETER and the products are made in Israel.
If you look hard enough... you'll find that the site boxes are made for MAGNUSSON at (B&Q), RIGID on (AMAZON) and lately they can be bought under the KETER brand name on AMAZON.
Needless to say, I have a huge stack of these various site boxes for work purposes and fishing. They are tough as nails, waterproof and are great for standing on and sitting on when out fishing. Not as cheaply made as some may suspect.
I hope this sheds a little light on the MAGNUSSON name.

It seems the Chineese (or the importers) have recently learned that Swedish tools have a good reputation and now they are trying to peedle their stuff under various Swedish sounding names like Magnusson. Jonköping chainsaws and Norrköping gardening tools are examples of the same phenomena.

I've just a load of Magnusson F Clamps from Screwfix and B&Q they seem very well made, they are good value and I'm already using them. I bought 2 x 800mm, 2 x 450mm and 4 x 200mm and will probably increase the number of 800 and 450mm. As others have said these will be mass produced and sold with different colour schemes and branding.

I've just a load of Magnusson F Clamps from Screwfix and B&Q they seem very well made, they are good value and I'm already using them. I bought 2 x 800mm, 2 x 450mm and 4 x 200mm and will probably increase the number of 800 and 450mm. As others have said these will be mass produced and sold with different colour schemes and branding.
There will be an F clamp village somewhere! Making just F clamps!!!

Cheers James

I have a Magnusson hammer that I found about 15 years ago.

It's brilliant.

Lad that I work with bought one a couple of months ago and it is complete tat. I'm just waiting for the grip to fall off....

We have a few of their sash clamps, most of which are ok but one the thread jams part way, so there is only about 20mm of useable adjustment.

The F clamps on the other hand seem pretty good.

Latest posts

Back