Who says Canucks got no humor?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lanemaux

In Memorium
Reaction score
I was dismayed to learn something about my Canadian people today , even though I suspected it. We are having a federal election and therefore the party leaders must debate on television. The usually serious business of government gets serious treatment here. Quite dignified as a rule. The dates for the 2 debates were set and reported on the news so we would know when to tune in to form our informed opinions. With a very straight face the announcer gave the dates. Yesterday the English speaking debate was held. The French speaking debate was announced for a date 2 days later because ... punchline ...if it had been the next night it would conflict with the Montreal Canadians game. OH MY PEOPLE.

This morning while listening to play off scores it came to me that our government was toppled by non confidence vote at nearly the same time the playoffs began. The election is slated before months end. This means we spend twice the time deciding hockey outcome for Stanley cup as we do to elect our government , playoffs do not end til June!!! By the way ...I was not listening to the scores on purpose , just cant avoid them on the news. Must time the election spots and the hockey reports to see which gets more air time... not enthused at the possible outcome though.

Back