Who pays for all this?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Maskery

Established Member
Reaction score
OK, I know it's none of my business, but I just wondered who pays for this site? Webspace isn't free (no such thing as etc etc), and I don't pay (as far as I'm aware), so who foots the bill. Do Charley and Alf have a whip round every now and again at the local pub (Woodworkers In Distress Appeal?)? Have they won the lottery and can afford to be this philanthropic? If so, Thank You Very Much! Your reward will be in heaven, I'm sure.
Whoever pays, I, for one, am grateful.

Goodnight all.
PS
Happy Birthday to me tomorrow. Lots of eCards please!

Steve, look at the top of the forum and you will see an advertising banner.
There are links to other sales sites from the 'Links' there as well.
Advertising revenue pays for many forums around the world.

Steve,

Happy Birthday!
birthday.gif

Don't look at me. My contribution is solely being a Mod. I do worry that there's probably a gap between advertising revenue and costs, but I've never liked to ask. :oops:

(look away please, Charley)

Funny, I'd been wondering about how we could go about showing our appreciation to Charley just recently too...

Cheers, Alf

Happy Birthday Steve. :D

You have the pleasure of sharing the same day as my youngest daughter (3 yrs). Although not in to woodworking yet, she does know how a screwdriver and hammer works..... (hammer)

Happy Birthday Steve :D

At the moment I don't get any money from advertising (something I'm working on at the moment). I got a kind donation a couple of weeks ago from a forum member which will pay for the hosting for awhile 8)

Funny, I'd been wondering about how we could go about showing our appreciation to Charley just recently too...
I like expensive planes and cast iron machines ;) Nah only joking. Just seeing people enjoy the forums and find the site useful is enough for me.

I haven't done much on UKW recently due to other things taking my time up. Alf and the other moderators put a lot of work into the forums.

Charley":fbq69fsq said:
I got a kind donation a couple of weeks ago from a forum member which will pay for the hosting for awhile 8)
A thousand thank you's to that anonymous forum member. :shock:

Charley, you didn't look away! :p

Cheers, Alf

Charley":wa695rik said:
I got a kind donation a couple of weeks ago from a forum member which will pay for the hosting for awhile
That was a generous and thoughtful gesture. Thank you from me too, mystery forum member.

:lol: Happy birthday Steve :lol:

Charley":1pyo4eh7 said:
At the moment I don't get any money from advertising (something I'm working on at the moment).

Seriously, you must work on getting some advertising revenue from companies.

Charley":1pyo4eh7 said:
I got a kind donation a couple of weeks ago from a forum member which will pay for the hosting for awhile

Thank you kind forum member.

Cheers
Neil

Missed this thread (and others) due to work pressures but glad I found it now

Many thanks to anon. for sustaining this great resource

Ta muchly

Tony

Back