Who knows about go pro cameras - specifically the earlier(read cheaper) ones

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRITON

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Thinking of getting somethign for the back of the bike, and was looking at something like a hero3 as they appear to be quite cheap on ebay.
Given its just as a safety feature it doesnt really have to have all the bells and whistles that the higher end ones do.
Plus the 3 and that type would have had rave reviews when first released, so cant be all that bad really. But I dont know as ive never had one so would like to have experienced(or anyones) thoughts on them.

I have a Hero 3 which I use on my bike. The biggest issue is battery life, it is pretty poor about 40 minutes. There is an extended battery available but it is a bit of a nightmare to use as you need a bigger case and charging seems to go wonky.
image quality is quite good though.

Hero 5 black is my main GoPro these days, very robust, waterproof even without a special case, batteries last very well and with a 128gb memory card it’s got around 5 hours of high quality recording time/space. And I can also charge it on the fly as well.

Probably worth asking on single track forum?

Road cyclists aren't so into go pro but MTB type are.

Cheers James

You can make a gopro run a lot longer by drilling out the transparent case and attaching a battery pack. Mine lasts for 8 hours with a 64 gig card set to run and overwrite the card on a loop.

But if you're a weight weeny then carrying the extra weight will make you sweat.

Latest posts

Back