Who is for the olympics 2012?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I'm not directly affected by this, but I vote a firm NO against this coming to London.

The olympic bid will cost the UK taxpayer lots of money both before and after the event. Once the worlds media have packed their bags when it closes the place will fall into ruin.

Andrew

Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs. That you two chaps, of all people, should be against the Olympic bid. My jaw has dropped in surprise.

</irony>

Cheers, Alf

Alf":ppsl8lso said:
Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs. That you two chaps, of all people, should be against the Olympic bid. My jaw has dropped in surprise

So do you support the bid or not?

Andrew

HandyMac":3nu7xrh7 said:
So do you support the bid or not?
I don't know enough about it to form an opinion. Information concerning stuff in the London area just doesn't impinge down here.

Cheers, Alf

I'm backing Paris :lol: they can have it with my blessings.
I really don't want another fiasco that costs the rest of us poor smucks mega millions (but it's all for our own good). Perhaps if London hadn't thrown a strop and backed Manchester's bid fully it would have been different.

Drew

Alf":3bavk5v7 said:
Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs. That you two chaps, of all people, should be against the Olympic bid. My jaw has dropped in surprise.

</irony>

Cheers, Alf

I'm surprised that you would be surprised. Did you not realise that I'm against most things??

I think the whole idea of spending an obscene amount of money to see which person has got his or hers drugs regime just right, and can run around a track the fastest and pass the drugs tests, absurd.

John

johnelliott":20ob9tga said:
I think the whole idea of spending an obscene amount of money to see which person has got his or hers drugs regime just right, and can run around a track the fastest and pass the drugs tests, absurd

Agreed on that, however I take my hat off to the likes of Steve Redgrave who managed to pull it all together in 5 consecutive olympics. That takes some doing and I can't see the feat being repeated during my lifetime.

Andrew

Surely there's gotta be better ways to spend that kinda cash than greasin the palms of the IOC klingons..??

I know I know... don't call me Shirley....

What a time to give up drinking... :roll:

Latest posts

Back