Who Got Their Copy Of Harry Potter Today?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike.C

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just received my copy of HP And The Deathly Hallows,who else got theirs?

While I have got straight into reading it, there is one thing that I have noticed.On the receipt it states that it is a "Adult Edition", and having no idea what the difference is, I thought I would ask you guys?
I have noticed that the picture on the front cover of the one advertised on sky is different from the one I received, is this the way you would tell the adult one from the childrens edition on the shelves?

Cheers

Mike

I've just been to Asda. They are selling it for a fiver! I think the ony difference between the normal and adult editions is the sleeve.

ByronBlack":8n8mr9u9 said:
so does HP get it? Does he get some? Is it all a dream? Is Voldermort his alter-ego? Please someone tell me!!!!!
Just incase anyone thinks Byron is being serious, NO spoilers please. :wink:

I know what happens anyway - I read part of the copy that 'made it' onto the internet a week or so ago.. assuming it's true of course.

I actually think that Sean Lock from 8 out of 10 cats is correct. He dies of a peanut allergy!

Slimjim81":3c6lvyub said:
I've just been to Asda. They are selling it for a fiver! I think the ony difference between the normal and adult editions is the sleeve.
My Wife came back from work (ASDA) with a copy, £4.50 with her discount :lol: It's not for me though, it's for my daughter who is studying English and educational studies :?

Martin

My wife got a copy in Tesco today for nothing because her shopping bill came to £50+. I won't be reading it.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Correction - she bought one, got one free, so we have the child's version and the adult version. How sad is that :roll:

Started reading it at 10.30 this morning (from asda for a fiver), just finished it now. Enjoy the read for anyone whos still going ;)

My mum bought me a copy while we did the Asda shop :roll: Being a spoiler junkie it didn't exactly come as a surprise, but it did maketh me to chuckle to think of the dedicated devotees who'd dismissed the photographed epilogue as badly written fan fic... :lol:

Cheers, Alf

I hope you lot will be reading plenty more books the day they are released this year.

More reading and less TV is very good or the mind and imagination :wink:

Mike.C":slrunvpb said:
I have noticed that the picture on the front cover of the one advertised on sky is different from the one I received, is this the way you would tell the adult one from the childrens edition on the shelves?

Cheers

Mike

Apparently the first two were just kids books but since then, as they have got darker, there are two versions. The children's version is watered down a bit.

Pete

From the Bloosmbury website:

"The adult paperback version has the same text as the children's one but with a black and white photographic cover."

Back