Who else thinks this?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spectric

Staff member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
There is way to much coverage of people kicking a ball around on Tv at the moment and it is the euro's, has no one told them about brexit? Yes it is one of my pet hates, I hate football and avoid like it is covid. Who else thinks the same or is everyone stuck watching them kicking a ball around, then running around pretending to be an aeroplane that then has undercarriage failure.

I don't understand why TV planners seem to think the whole Country is interested in football - both ITV and the BBC have more than one channel, so why don't they air all the football they wish on a secondary channel?
Personally, I'd sooner stick pins in my eyes than watch soccer. Wrong shaped ball.

Bit like 2 weeks of tennis in normal times - peope in skimpy white clothes waving bats watched by people eating strawberries. Less than rivetting viewing in my book.
At least we get only two weeks of saturation tennis, we're not force fed it every week.:)

I love it. Not because i like football,but because whilst everyone is in the pub or at home watching 22 millionaires kick a bag of air around the roads are empty.
Olympics soon. That is one im actually looking forward too.

I have no interest in the football myself, I think it brings out a strange partisan tribalism based on just randomly liking a team because you just decided to when you were 7 or because your grandad likes them. Or a sort of nationalism of the worst kind.
I do realise that a great percentage of the country really love it though, so let them have it on for 2 weeks.
I do like the Olympics . I realise I am the odd one out but when I watch sport I don't care who wins before the event starts, I just like to see what happens and people doing amazing things.

I would like to make the same complaint to the BBC Radio 4 coverage of cricket. This bizarre sport is declining in popularity as it is too complicated and takes too long. Who can imagine a sport which can be played for 5 days and not have a definitive result? Fortunately I have an internet radio so I can tune into the normal Radio 4 output, but in the workshop this does not apply.

Never seen the point of sport full stop, neither playing or watching but football has to be the worst.
I aggree. - If the people who love competetive exercise used their energy on Any Constructive Pursuit, such as building adventure playgrounds or improving access arrangements for the disabled, the world would be a much better place.
The main reason for all of the (excess) interest in sport, as far as I can see, is gambling - which is, after all, a Vice !

MY TWO PENCE WORTH.....
there's only one game that uses ball's that done in private,,,but not for some....hahaha.....
when the over paid footballers etc start useing clubs with nails in during the game, I'll start watching...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back