Who are you?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duiker

Established Member
Reaction score
I met Houtslager this week and he was really thrown when I turned up in a suit and tie, spoke cockney nonsense and "pulled up a sandbag and swung the lamp" for a while. He didn’t know what to expect because I had “not done much on the profile”.

We thought a thread about "who you are and what you do" could be fun? A sort of rogues’ gallery?

So to kick off:

My name is Mick, I was born and raised in London and now live with the Dutch wife Claire just outside Amsterdam. I have a daughter from a previous marriage, the apple of my eye, Holly.
I’m a Service Consultant for Canon Europa N.V. and travel the World looking after Africa, Middle East, CIS and Central Europe.
I began turning two years ago when my Dad died leaving me his tools. I also restore the odd Land Rover and Dive whenever possible!

Duiker-meandclaire.jpg

Duiker-family1.jpg

Duiker-clairejj.jpg

Middag,mij vrolijke vriend!

So,my turn :lol:
Picture034.jpg

41,divorced,15 year old son (who lives with me)
Ex-wife now has a pub,and I seem to have become the resident odd-job man :wink:
22 year old stepdaughter and 2 year old grand-daughter who live in Newcastle
Picture057.jpg

Started off working in agriculture,progressed through wagon driver,warehouse worker,part-time DJ (in the 80's),tanker driver,traffic operator to my current job of Tankplanner for the worlds second-largest tankcontainer operator http://www.utt.info/800/home.asp where we move chemicals in bulk all around the world.

And I find woodwork a great way to relax :D

Andrew

my name is jon.
born in minchinhampton gloucestershire .
spent 5 years in the army and now working as a coach builder in bishop auckland county duham.
wife 2 kids a dog lots of fish.
woodturning for about a year .
havent got any pics .
you dont want see my ugly face anyway

Back