White non-abrasive pads

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry Smart

Chestnut Products
Reaction score
Hi All

Another freebie coming up... but there is a little catch!

We sell an abrasive we call NyWeb; you've probably seen something similar before, it's a nylon pad in different grades which can be used instead of Steel Wool (something else we sell anyway).
The pads have been very popular, which is good news for us, and we've been asked for the white version which is non-abrasive and is used for a final rubdown and applying waxes etc.
These pads are very popular with turners but can be used by all woodworkers.

And here's the thing..

We have found a source for white pads but they are a thicker gauge than the pads we normally use. I'm not sure if this is a problem so I'm looking for some volunteers to try them for us. All are welcome but turners especially.
I only have a limited supply of samples; if you pm or email me with your address I'll send a piece to you - probably half or a quarter of a pad, along with full pads of the others - medium, very fine and extra fine - as a small thank you for taking part. First come first served!
The catch is, I need an honest appraisal of the white pads, either in here or by pm...and if you don't like them, it's important that we know! Don't think you have to spare our feelings!

Just in case you're worried, any addresses sent will not be kept, not even just to add them to our Christmas Card list!

I knew I shouldn't have posted that so close to the Ally Pally show!

Thanks to all that have responded, you should all be getting something in the post... but not this week! Events have overtaken me and the paperwork has gone out the window!

The pads will be with you some time next week though!

Thanks for your patience!

Back