Which Thicknesser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil p

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Sold my old thickneser last year as I thought I wouldn’t need it anymore and as usual I was wrong hence I’m looking at another.

Not looking at high end as it will just be for occasional use therefore Ive narrowed it down to two.

It’s either the Triton 125 or the Metabo DH330.

Both have decent reviews so I would welcome any opinions.

Had a triton tpt125 for about 18mths. Bought it to stop having to move and lift the tables on the other p/t. Very good finish, even on difficult grain if used with light passes., which also helps but doesn't eliminate the inevitable snipe, add 60mm to each end, that soon adds up to a lot of waste, you'll learn to move like a windmill passing pieces through continuously whilst moving them from the other side. It's noisy, but easy blade changes, relies on cutter speed so not to be overworked (as in trying to take too much off) its only a 1100w motor.
Did consider the metabo its slightly wider max planing width, though a little dearer. A member on here recently had an issue with the cover plate over a blade bending. No use experience of that machine so can't comment on it further.
FFX on ebay have 10% off either machine at present. I managed to get a 20% coupon which made the triton a bargain.

Back