• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Which sub forum to use.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

MikeG.

Established Member
Reaction score
I know that this is a trivial issue, and that no-one is much concerned with posts possibly in the wrong sub-forum, but I wonder it it might help if some guidance were given on the difference between "Projects" and "Joinery and Cabinet Making".

I have just completed a thread on a coffee table project, and put it in "Projects". However, it is also self evidently joinery and cabinet making. Steve Maskery's excellent wardrobe thread is also in "Projects", but Sunnybob's coffee table, for instance, was in "Joinery & Cabinet Making".

If you mods do have a view on this, maybe put a sticky in an obvious position so that posters can refer to it in years to come.

sunnybob

wysiwyg
Reaction score
Hah, youre into semantics here.

My coffee table was a project (for me, a very big project as I have NEVER made anything of that scale or quality before), but when it was finished it was joinery.

good luck with this one (hammer) (hammer) :lol: :lol: =D> =D> 8)

sunnybob

wysiwyg
Reaction score
Sorry, got to add..... I sold the coffee table. I did ask for visitation rights but no luck.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

back to normal programming.

nev

Established Member
Reaction score
It's difficult because most things fall into more than one bracket, especially those in Projects.

I think it should probably be read as - Projects and WIPs - i.e anything that that has stages of construction recorded for informational, educational or entertainment purposes. All other forums would be prefixed with'Questions about/ related to'

But that said, only admin (Charley) has access and the ability to amend the site structure and he's not exactly hands on these days :duno:

Lons

Established Member
Reaction score
sunnybob":1zkkeo1w said:

My coffee table was a project (for me, a very big project as I have NEVER made anything of that scale or quality before), but when it was finished it was joinery.

My first coffee table started as a project and finished as firewood. #-o

MikeG.

Established Member
Reaction score
nev":1fjnss8b said:
....I think it should probably be read as - Projects and WIPs - i.e anything that that has stages of construction recorded for informational, educational or entertainment purposes. All other forums would be prefixed with'Questions about/ related to' ......
Thanks Nev.

sunnybob

wysiwyg
Reaction score
Lons":36uq3uu7 said:
sunnybob":36uq3uu7 said:

My first coffee table started as a project and finished as firewood. #-o

I think I peaked with that coffee table. 8) :lol: 8) :lol: