Which small Mitre square???

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sihollies

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Any suggestions regarding a good small Mitre Square would be greatly appreciated.
I generally work with veneer on small scale projects & have been using a small Marples square, but unfortunately it has lost its accuracy. ( I may have dropped it at some stage :| )
I have done a bit of research online and like the look of the Shinwa 62103
https://www.strummauk.co.uk/product/shinwa-japanese-mitre-square-carpenters-62103-45-135-degrees
I was wondering if anyone has experience of the square and their thoughts on it?

Thanks in advance
Simon

Thanks
Sorry to hear that!!
I have the same one that you 'used' to have and am happy with it, but just find it a little bit bulky for some of the applications I need it for.
Dont mind paying for quality/accuracy and the 62103 isnt exactly dear, so will probably give it a go, but just thought I'd ask here first.

Simon

Thanks phil.p.
Is there any chance you could give any details on the touching up process?
I have very limited access to power tools, as I am only a hobbyist and only use hand tools, as a general rule.

Thanks in advance
Simon

If they're out, they won't be out by far. For a square flip it over to check it - the line should still be square; for a mitre mark and cut a piece of scrap, turn one piece and you should have a right angle. If anything does need doing - and it probably won't - it won't be much and can be done with a very fine file and a bit of wet and dry. I've only ever done it on very cheap diy stuff.

Simon,

Very slightly cheaper from workshop heaven.
This company is well regarded on the forum and I am guessing they would do their own QC before sending it out.

Back