Which Sandpaper?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhhhh, I see (said the blind galoot). My exposure to sanding blocks has been strictly limited to cork ones hitherto. Obviously I'm a hopeless newbie. :oops: Are they comfortable to use?

Cheers, Alf

Fairly. Depends on the size of your hands and the size of the pad, I guess. I doubt they are going to warm the heart of a galoot, really. And more than once I've stabbed myself getting the damn sandpaper fastened in - bit fiddly that bit as the paper doesn't want to bend over that tightly really. Once it is in it stays in, though.

They're OK.

I simply wrap a piece of the 3M around any old flat offcut that is about 3" by 6"

Graceful Steve. I did wonder how you were going to recover after coming out that hard...

ok, so Jake's answered already - the screwfix one is the one I have. And yes, I have impaled myself on the nails on more than one occasion - they're damned sharp too.

Nope Steve, I'm not a fakir (however you want to spell it! lol)

One of these days I'll work out how to put pictures on a web-site, so I can post illustrations of stuff I describe badly!

Yes I was a sad loss to the Diplomatic Corps.

Now, talking of sandpaper, anyone else see the piece in FWW recently? The US are, apparently coming into line with Euprope on grading. Whatever next? Going Metric? Signing Kyoto? (Oops, geting political there, no PMs please).

Pity it's only something as innocuous as abrasive, but, like Tesco, every little helps.

Cheers
Steve

Nice one Steve! :lol:
The Yanks will be fitting riving knives on their table saws next.......... :roll:
Cheers
Philly :D

Philly":3pve6pbz said:
The Yanks will be fitting riving knives on their table saws next.......... :roll:
No no no Philly - They only removed them for "photographic purposes" :wink:

Latest posts

Back