which sander? Metabo duo or festool rotex 150.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The manual for the CT22 states:

"the vacuum cleaners are designed as specified for the aspiration and evacuation of noxious dusts industrial threshold limit values (LTL-values) up to 1mg/m3 and of wood dusts corresponding to dust class 'L' in accordance with IEC 60335-2-69".

So, fine for at least some wood dust then.

There'no obvious mention of particle size though, which seems odd, but perhaps that's in the IEC spec. They do sell HEPA filters down to 0.3 micron though.

Well I went to the DM show and bought the Metabo sander. Wow!! this ROS really makes small work of sanding rough timber. Very pleased as it came in a systainer box with lots of sheets of sandpaper thrown in. It is my first Metabo tool and it feels like real quality. They also supply it to Dewalt and Mafell so I could have bought it in yellow or grey and red, but the Metabo version was definatly the best deal.
Festool still have not clarified anything regarding the extractor. It's been two weeks now. I think that this is terrible for a company to not be able to answer such a simple question in all this time.

Hello folks,

I have a CT 22 vac and I’m very pleased with this unit. As far as I know, the standard filter that comes with the vac is 1 micron. The CT(L)’s and CTM’s filters are identical. The main difference between the CTMs and CT(L)s is the CTM’s FlowDetect flow monitoring feature. It controls the air flow and alarms you (optically and acoustically I think) when it goes down to a certain rate (for example, when the bag needs to be emptied or when the suction hose gets stuffed). IIRC, the European laws require such a flow detect system if a vac is used by professionals. As a consequence, a vac will only get this MAK certificate (approval for category M for dusts with LTL values > 0,1mg/m[3] and wood dusts) if it has an air flow control feature.
Long story short, IMO there’s no need to get a CTM vac as a hobbyist. Most people will easily notice when the hose gets stuffed or the bag is full.

Hope this helps,

Christian

You can buy a HEPA filter if you are really concerned, festool part number 493334

Back