Which PVA for floating Engineered T&G wood flooring?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weewilly123

Reaction score
Hello all

This is my first post so go easy on me!

After some advice/opinions on which PVA to use.

I currently have a t&g engineered wood flooring in my hallway but we have a new extension and i am going to replace the current hallway stuff so it matches the new room and flows through..

Currently the existing floor makes a crackley sound when walked on - like the bond is broken - Im not sure if this is down to the pva used previously or if all engineered setups do this? I'm thinking is there a stronger PVA glue or a different typeof glue to use and if any of you have an opinion on which one would be best? Each flooring supplier just seems to push their own manufacturer of glue that they have a supply contract with but i would like an unbiased opinion if possible, which is seemingly hard to obtain!

Current floor is (14/3mm t&g oak flotaing floor with the T&G's glued with "no nonsense" pva on top of a concrete floor with 5mm foam gold backed underlay dpm).

Any help much appreciated.

I'm laying some engineered t&g at the moment, it definitely shouldn't crackle. Mine is quiet and feels solid under foot.

Can't help on the glue, I'm using lost head flooring screws.

I put some engineered oak t&g down in my house about 12 years ago, I glued it together with some PVA from Havwoods because that is what a floor fitting friend of mine recommended, it didn't seem any different to any other PVA I have used before to be honest.

Personally I would probably stick with what the supplier recommends then if there are any problems down the line they can't say it's because you didn't use their glue.

Back