Which Portable Thickesser would the panal reconmend

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

houtslager

Established Member
Reaction score
yep folks its me again :roll: with a real puzzler for you to think over and reply to.

As I am {lately} so often on the move I need one of these to prep timber for location work - as I cannot drag my old and good SCM 35cm thicknesser around with me, I am now looking at getting a "portable one"
preferable WITHOUT breaking the Bank :p

Any good suggestions from you ppl , please answers on a 6 x 4 postcard here will do nicely :D

Delta

You can't go wrong - what snipe???
I run my boards through the quiet SIP P/T and then finish 'em off through the Delta (which has brushed motor) - finish cannot be improved by hand planing

I'm with Tony, Delta 560.

Noel

I have the Dewalt 733and have had no problems at all,BUT portable? I wouldn't describe it as portable, not even luggable

de wally 733 brill great super ,a big lad like you will lift it no problem it even has the magnetic holders for resetting the blades .

Another for the Delta 560
No problem except knives are getting a little dull. (ran a lot oak thru)
its kinda portable for a young man. :D
Travis

DW733 for me too. One thing to bear in mind, if you intend to take it out on site ideally it needs to be bolted down to a table. I have mine on a DE1000 folding table that came with it as a package.

I have seen one of these things tip over when running :shock: , not a pretty sight .

Keith

I have just bought the Delta 22-565 which was reviewed by The Woodworker against the Dewalt Axminster and Rexon and was the Editor's choice. I got it for £206 plus £14 and was delivered in 2 days. It also comes with its own stand, but on the down side the tables are small but it does mean that they fold away without fouling like some others. It came from a company on ebay but if anyone else is interested then here's their number 0845 6023778.

David, good value, got a link?
Don't worry about the tables, never been a problem.
Noel

No David, don't bother about ringing them, it was only out of curiosity. Already have a 560. Thanks anyway

Cheers

Noel

Back