Which Pocket Hole Jig

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quetech

Established Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations on a pocket hole jig for cabinet construction.
The Kreg Dual Pocket Hole Jig from axminster looks interesting.

Mike

Quetech":1e2b9f26 said:
Any recommendations on a pocket hole jig for cabinet construction.
The Kreg Dual Pocket Hole Jig from axminster looks interesting.

Mike

In the states anyway, the 2 top contenders are Kreg and CMT. I'm hardly authoritative, but I have the Kreg and it's really nice. Does everything I need it to do. I hear the CMT is equally good, and might be a little cheaper. (It is here, anyway.)

I'm told that Kreg and CMT are run by 2 brothers... but I don't have independent verification there.

The CMT P/H jig is not on the market overhere although it's only been released recently in the States if I'm not mistaken. www.brimarc.com are now the importers for Kreg in the UK. Other options are Trend and Axminster's own version. Personally I'd go with a Kreg product. Most P/H jigs are expensive for what is essentially a simple plastic/metal jig and stepped drill bit. I like the Kreg Pro Kit which, on a bang per buck basis, would be my choice, about £82 odd.

Noel

I have the kreg jig (bought from axminster) and I like it a lot, it does the job.

The only problem is that you can ONLY AND ONLY AND ONLY use the pan-head srews for it

any other screw will ruin the work, so do not skimp and buy also a good range of screws with it :lol:

Thanks for the advice everybody.
I have gone for the Kreg kit from Brimarc.
It has several jigs and clamps all in one kit for £82.

Mike

Back