Which panel/table saw?!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jj74

Reaction score
Hi All.
In the market for a new sliding table/panel saw. Have been using an elektra beckum pk250 for a while with various tables I've made around it but generally it's not a great setup so I'm biting the bullet selling it and upgrading. The questions is : To what?
My budget is just under £2000 and I'd like to get a cast iron table, ripping upto say 900mm with I guess an extension of sorts and a sliding carriage with a throat and cut of 1240 or thereabouts. I have a space about 6 metres x 4 metres in which to plonk it. Single phase and scoring blade are also needed.
I work almost exclusively with 18mm sheet materials so depth of cut isn't an issue just the ease of handling 8 x 4 sheets with accuracy etc.
Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated as I'm finding it hard to compile a sensible list and really don't want to make a duff choice.
Thankyou much. JJ.

Hi JJ,

Welcome to the forum. :D

I cannot help with which saw to buy, you need to wait for Scrit to past by, he knows all about big beasts with all the extras needed for what your doing. :shock:

Thanks Dave.
I'm eagerly awaiting Scrit's attention. I've only just found this forum unfortunately. I reckon it would have come in handy over the past year or so. Still better late than never.
Cheers, JJ.

Hey John
Thanks for your comments. I remember browsing around this saw on computer a while back but being just out of reach of my budget I dismissed it. Is it mostly 8 x 4 you work with and can the saw cope with it easily?
I was also looking at the EB PKF255 which is ally all round but looks like it 'could' do the job. That comes in at around £1700 inc. vat whcih if it works would be money well spent for me.
Cheers again, JJ.

Hello elusive advisors.
I am slowly but surely focusing entirely on the Elektra Beckum PKF 255. It seems to be able to do 8 x 4 sheets happily and is competitively priced at around £1800 all in (vat + post).
Plsssss if someone knows it's cack or wobbly or dreadfully innaccurate let me know.
Tar, JJ.

I purchased an E/B PKF255 off EBAY about 2 years ago, when you could get a real bargain. It was only 9 months old when I got it, but the machine had not been very well set-up. The riving knife was not in line with the blade. The blade was not paralell with the sliding carriage. The sliding carriage did not run in line with it's bottom support. I supose I spent nearly a day fine tuning the machine and it's now perfect (l think)
Regards
Mike.

Back