Which Osmo for floors?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boardgamer

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I've been using Osmo Polyx oil (3032, satin) on all my furniture projects for years, but for the first time this week I used it on a small patch of floor (long story, not relevant). The finish is great, but rather smooth. That's tolerable for the bit I've used it on, but I have future plans to sand back the existing wood floors in 2 rooms, and I feel the Satin may be dangerously slippy. I seem to have the choice of
3062 matt - not keen
3011 gloss - obviously not
3032 satin - seems a bit slidey
3065 semi-matt - the obvious choice?

but then I came across
3089 anti-slip R11 (satin) - claimed to be very grippy, eg for stairs
3088 anti-slip R9 - {semi-matt) - somewhat less grippy than R11

So I think I want 3065, but 3088 might also be possible. I'm sure they're both fine, but does anyone have a recommendation for one over the other?

For a while now I’ve felt Osmo simply offer too many products. I’m often stood in front of the counter paining over these exact issues. Life was easy when they basically just did poly x and UV oil in satin Matt or gloss!

@AndyT - Thanks! I went through the questions, and the answer was .............. all of them! #-o

(Well OK, it didn't suggest the non-slip variations, but otherwise it said 3011 or 3032 or 3065 or 3062.)

I think I will stick with semi-matt - I'll get a sample in the first instance, and see how that goes.

R9 would be more than enough for non-slip in the home in general. R11 is sufficiently non-slip for use inside wet rooms and the like to give an idea.

Back