Which one to give as a wedding present...?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikNak

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all.....

A young(ish) lady at work is getting married in a few weeks time, so i thought as a present i'd make a ring box to be used on the day. I'm hoping that maybe the 2 rings will fit quite comfortably, and that the little paige boy/ring bearer wont struggle with the lid as i've made them with a snug but not tight fit.

But which one to give..?

One made from olive wood...

IMG_0620Copy.jpg

IMG_0621Copy.jpg

IMG_0622Copy.jpg

one made from American black walnut...

IMG_0619Copy.jpg

IMG_0623Copy.jpg

IMG_0624Copy.jpg

or one made from purpleheart...

IMG_0618Copy.jpg

IMG_0625Copy.jpg

IMG_0629Copy.jpg

From memory the olive one is approx 38mm internal dia. the walnut is slightly smaller at 36mm and the purpleheart is 47mm

I'm off to see a friend on Weds who designs and makes jewelry, and i'm hoping to either get inspiration or help to make some sort of insert to put the rings in/on so that they are 'presented' in a better way.

Oh, while on the subject of small boxes, does anyone know where i can get/buy the small brass 'egg rings' (like the one i've used in next pic below)....

IMG_2179b.jpg

I normally buy them from Turners Retreat, but at £4.50 a go they seem (to me) a ridiculous price for something so 'cheap'.... or am i just being a skinflint :? I'd be happy to buy a couple of dozen at a time if the price was right.... (hammer)

Anyway, as usual, your thoughts and views are most welcome :D

Nick

All three are really nice. Are the rings the ones to go in the box? If so the contrast of the purpleheart box seams to make the rings stand out and sparkle. Though that might just be the flash :lol:

Thanks for your comments guys....

Alli... no, the rings are just pinched from my missus just for the pic. And no flash used either... just daylight from behind me thru dining room/patio doors doors.

Henton.... why isnt it heart shaped..? because i didnt think of it.. #-o think its gona be too late now to make another, but deffo taken on board for the next ones... (homer)

Nick

NikNak":g57y5bbd said:
Alli... no, the rings are just pinched from my missus just for the pic. And no flash used either... just daylight from behind me thru dining room/patio doors doors.

Nick

I hope no offence was taken, its very hard to convey freindly banter in written words. All three boxes are stunning but the photo of the rings next to the purplehart box really makes the rings stand out, though I would be pleased if any of the boxes were presented to me for the special day. =D>

Cheers David

Hey Alli (Dave...), seriously, none taken, i read it as it was meant... :D

Cambournepete.... as for height, i think the pic must be very deceptive as (give-or-take 3mm) they are both the same height

I'm taking them into work with me today to gauge opinion from co workers, but got to be honest and say it looks like the purpleheart is winning so far.....

Nick

Hi Nick , I would suspect that you will as many choices from your co-workers as you have got on the forum . :lol:
They all look so good you could blindfold yourself and make a choice , :lol: and you might just have tto do so . :mrgreen: I should be so lucky to have that problem . :roll:

Take into consideration that the purple heart timber will turn brown in later years, but looks the most attractive to me at the moment.

(why not turn those rings in contrast timber :) :) :) )

Latest posts

Back