Which Morticer?...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Midnight":10j5ks3n said:
Are they still based on the Stanley 750??
Good question. I don't know - did Stanley produce a socket mortise chisel? Essentially they seem to be identical to the bench chisels, but with big beefy mortising blades. (Well, duh
rolleyes.gif
)

Cheers, Alf

thanks for the advice....i tihnk i will downgrade from one of the ones i was looking at..to a bench one probably...because upon pondering seriously i realise that i would'nt actually get that much use out of it :roll:

So a smaller one is in the picture now..in this case i wouldn't be wasting too much money :p ..any advice on one of the smaller machines?

Ta, Tom

ps. The chisels are lovely Alf :shock:

Thom, I have a record mortiser and I would not recommend it at all.If I were in the market for a mortiser I would seriously consider the Trend jig,it looks simple to set up,is versatile and neat in operation

That website is great, Midnight, He is one clever so and so....his morticer looks good too :) thanks for that, i will be definatly considering that :D

Jaymar...thanks for the warning, i was also thinking of the Trend, in the back of my mind :)

Ta, Tom

Hi
GWW did indeed review a range of bench morticers. Their 'Best on Test' was the Fox F14-651 at £170. There were a number of other machines varying in price and performance each with pro's and con's. The Charnwood W310 seemed to do well as did the Jet JB5 with price's at £139 and £199 repectively. Don't know if your looking for a bench morticer but thought i would summarise to try and help.

bad

Certainly do, i have it with me. It's Issue 155. It should still be on sale as the new issue does not come out until November 24th.

Back