Which Japanese Tenon saw....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LyNx

Established Member
Reaction score
... please help me, it's not icy but i'm slipping down that slope....

... I need a tenon saw. I don't own one and have been using a blunt gent saw for many years. I would like to try one of the japanese tenon saws but not sure which one. Can anyone add any light to which would be better for general woodwork for the time being, i may purchase a few more next year (gone from slipping to rolling :shock: )

Option A : http://www.axminster.co.uk/recno/9/product-Ice-Bear-Japanese-Ice-Bear-Kumagoro-Tenon-Saw-20293.htm

Option B : http://www.axminster.co.uk/recno/7/product-Japanese-Dozuki-Me-Tenon-Saw-19709.htm

Thanks in advance.

Andy

I've got the second one and find it very good also got a mini dozuki and one of the Top-Man modern handled saws.

Have a look at Dick for a bigger choice.

Jason

Hard to tell from the pics or the description, but that second one looks like a "Z" saw. If it is, I highly recommend it, they make excellent saws.

not much help, but the 2nd one has been recomended here before and is on my xmas list

[-o<

thanks for the help, looks like the second option is the one.

Why is it always the most expensive :roll:

Andy

LyNx":36ux8j6l said:
Why is it always the most expensive :roll:

Because You're worth it.

Next time you worry that you may be spending too much on a tool just remember how much SWMBO spent on that last pair of shoes. Then remind yourself that you will use the tool as often as you can unlike the shoes which now live at the back of the wardrobe because people have seen her in "those old things" before. :roll: :wink:

cheers,

Simon

funny you say that as she just bought new boots and two new hand bags at £80 each. I can see it now, i need a new pair of boots to match the second handbag :roll:

Anyway, i can't moan as i want to spend a grand on a new tv :lol:

Andy

Back