Which is which

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paultnl

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been offered some english cherry for £20 per cube foot, is this a good price?

He is also offering Yew and Oak and has sent pictures, can someone tell me which is which please.

Attachments

• IMG_5988.jpg
    IMG_5988.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_6730.jpg
    IMG_6730.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_8657.jpg
    IMG_8657.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 185
I'd steer clear of English Cherry as I've had an unfortunate experience with the stuff...the 'murrican variant is much better. Price seems a bit of a steal though...grab it while you can - Rob

The yew and the cherry look pretty wet and unseasoned to my inexpert eye, which might account for the low price ? Fine if you don't want to use straight away but worth checking on with the seller ?

Cheers, Paul

Hi Paul

As Paulm says it looks pretty green and the Oak looks very badly sticked so wonder just how good this stuff is! if it is good A grade it's cheap but if it's wet fire wood well..........

Thanks for the comments, the seller claims it should be ready to use within a year. I think I will pass for now as I don't have the space to season a large batch.

Thanks for the comments, the seller claims it should be ready to use within a year. I think I will pass for now as I don't have the space to season a large batch.

Back