Which Festool sander?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you’ve settled on the Festool for finishing but I ditched mine in favour of the Mirka Deros. I found the Festool far harder to control with fin sanding and finishing. the Rotex 150 is the beast for serious coarse sanding.

I do like festool products, but don’t think that their version of every tool is the best. It may not suit you, as their sander didn’t me.
see if you can lay your hands on and try both before committing.

No, but it's a good question
Spec suggests it's the same as the Deros before they added the bluetooth update.
V curious to know if Mirka are building this in Metabo colours or if they licensed the design and Metabo build it themselves.
It was £40-60 cheaper than the Mirka when I was looking a year ago.

I was looking the other week and it was coming in at £280, didn’t press the button as I thought I would do some research first, but at that sort of price looks to be a good buy?

Very nice!
I purchased the ETS EC 150/5 and while i was looking found a great deal on a domino, happy days. I am going to look at the smaller RTS 400 early next year.

The tools now need to start paying for themselves.
Very nice! I’ve no direct experience of the ETS EC but the guys I know who have them rate them very highly. 👍👍

Back