Which driver bits?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tris

What am I doing here?
Reaction score
Getting to a stage where I really need some new driver bits and was wondering what people would recommend.

It's mostly DIY stuff but having bought some Bosch ones a few years back that were seemingly made of cheese I'd rather see what real life experience has to say rather than go by brand again

I brought some Duram impact driver bits some time back and they have been very good, also Wera work well but both Bosch and Dewalt are also great just avoid bargain basement. Also do not expect them to last forever, especially if using an impact driver and make sure the right bit for the screw. Once you get cam out issues just bin the bit, and some cheap screws do not have a good head and no driver bits work well.

I don't have a particularly favourite brand, but, I would
say that you need to replace them relatively frequently.
Especially PZ/PH2&1; they wear out really quite quickly.

I find Wurth bits quite good.

impact drivers tend to shatter tips if you don’t have them fully seated, for cabinetmaking I stick to using a combi rather than impact.

I've used DeWalt ones no probs.

Recently got some cheapo ones in a red box blackspur I think which supprisingly are ok too.

Recently been using Milwauki impact bits, they were on sale so I got some, very nicely machined and the steel seems good. Before that I had some Dewalt that were dissapointing and soft.

Ollie

+1 for Wera.
I have a bit set and been used for DIY for 5/6 years with an impact driver and think i have just broken 1 pozi bit in that time, and you can buy the individual bits from toolstation for a quid or 2.
I mainly used Torx bits and they are fairly bulletproof.

If your young and starting out or have a pot of spare cash buy Snap-on bits and drivers they last (your) a lifetime and if any do break they replace FOC

Edit: (Your)

Latest posts

Back