Which Domino

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have both also, the 700 looks like new whilst the 500 has been used to death. I started with the 700 and the seneca adapters as I wanted only one tool, bought the 500 2 weeks later and sold the seneca bits and bobs. If I was buying again I would start with the 500, as others have said, much more manageable tool to use for prolonged periods.

Based on the videos I've seen of people making the kinds of things I want to make similarly using 18mm boards, I opted for the 500 Q-Set from toolfest which apparently will include a free 498899 Domino Assortment Systainer.

I'd never head of them, but someone else on here recommended them. I paid via paypal just in case. But £790 for all that new is a good deal I felt. No word on when its actually coming, the 500 240v seems to be in short supply just about everywhere.

https://www.toolfest.co.uk/quick-search?terms=574429
Just FYI ToolFest is a very long-established online ‘arm’ of fixings retailer ‘bunny’s bolts’ - Bunny's Bolts - Fixings, Fastenings and Tools - Home page - out in Woking, and yes, the guys name is Warren... 🤷‍♂️

Regarding the DF500 with the free systainer of domino's, Warren at tool fest just emailed me back and said they have enough on order to fulfil back orders and will leave the offer running for the time being, but it might get pulled later if they are over subscribed. No eta on when it'll come in though.

Just FYI ToolFest is a very long-established online ‘arm’ of fixings retailer ‘bunny’s bolts’ - Bunny's Bolts - Fixings, Fastenings and Tools - Home page - out in Woking, and yes, the guys name is Warren... 🤷‍♂️
Thanks Peter.

Yes I had an email from Warren about the order but you know what it's like when a deal looks a bit too good and you've not actually heard of them before

Last edited:
Thank you all so much I am probably going for the DF500 as well although I discovered the Seneca small mortice kit for the DF700. This seems to be faff free. Think I may also pop into Axminister tomorrow to actually hold the DF700, the last thing I want is have to put it aside because its cumbersom

By the way, just in case the tool fest offer does not transpire, top cashback are doing a standard 3.3% off ffx. Something better than nothing although they take forever to get you the cashback. FFX currently have a 7% sale on but the DF500 is only available in 110v

Just for your information, be aware....Fitting the Seneca adapter to the DF700 will technically void the Festool warranty.

There was a guy who came on here last year who sent his DF700 back to Festool for a repair during its warranty period and they told him that as he had fitted a non approved accessory, they would not cover the cost of the repair.....

I'm sure Peter Parfitt said he never uses it on anything but the snug setting. He actually did an excellent 40 minute video on the 500 just a week or so ago.

I have seen some use the snug setting for one mortise, and then the wider or widest wiggle setting for the opposite mortise.

I wonder why this is somewhat polarised.

I guess I will need to find out for myself and order one!

Back