Which Digital SLR....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brilliant help fellas - Thanks. We're off to Jessops at Carlisle now, so wish me luck :wink:
I'll report back before teatime! :D

Mark

So, we now expect photos of your new camera......

Obviously you will want to use your new camera to take those photos........so I'm betting we get to see you in the mirror!!

Mike

Mike Garnham":3fk33fxy said:
..so I'm betting we get to see you in the mirror!!

Mike

Why wait :lol:

woody67s.jpg

Woody67

or "how did my right leg get stuck in this drystone wall"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice one Chas - It wasn't posed you know :wink:

Right then -apologies to all Nikonites in advance...................we've bought a Canon EOS 1000D :shock:. Got a good deal in Jessops with a bag and SD card thrown in. Battery just gone on charge, so won't be long now!

Mark (aka Grizzly Bear Adams)

woody67":37c30yeu said:
Right then -apologies to all Nikonites in advance...................we've bought a Canon EOS 1000D :shock:. Got a good deal in Jessops with a bag and SD card thrown in. Battery just gone on charge, so won't be long now!

Mark (aka Grizzly Bear Adams)

You can't go too far wrong with Canon, Sony or Nikon so I forgive you for turning to the dark side :wink: Oh the collective noun for Nikon Fans is Nikonians FYI :wink: :wink: :wink:

As long as it feels right in the hand and the controls are easy to use that is the main thing.

Woody, how you getting on with the Canon?

I picked up the Sony A300 a few days back and can't put it down, lovely bit of kit (just got to learn how to use it)

Funny that brand loyalty thing innit. Sony is a massive company and has been instrumental in some awesome developments in all the areas they produce in. But I wouldn't touch them. Sony = Pony in my mind. Just like I wouldn't have Record in my workshop ('cept for my RSDE2).

Nothing to do with brand loyalty, it's simply the better camera for what I needed.

Sorry, I should have said My Funny Brand Loyalty.

I'm in the same boat as you Andy my friend - I've lost count of how many pics I've took and to make matters worse, I also got Corel Photo Shop Pro Ultimate for £48 instead of £80 from PC World! :shock:

Hope you like the pic and all criticism will be gratefully received. :wink:

Newcam066.jpg

Mark

Having been the digital SLR route (Canon 350) with lots of lenses, I have just bought the answer to 95% of my photography, a Panasonic Lumix TZ5 with Leica 10x optical zoom lens & 9 mega pixels. What a fantastic bit of kit. £172 @ Jessops. Love it!

Jim :D

most of mine is been trying to get use to the buttons and not use the AUTO setting. With the help of my eldest (who is 4 with a DSLR!!!) it's all lego pictures at the moment. Did miss the frosty morning yesterday for some nice landscape pics. If Corel allows for RAW import then set the camera to RAW or RAW + JPEG (takes a second jpeg of the RAW file). This allows you to change some of the parameters that normal JPEGS don't allow, like the white balance for starters.

DSC00711.jpg

I'm still uming & arhing.

I have a film Olympus OM2n with some really nice lens so I'd like to put them back into use if I can.

I went to Jessops & asked the spotty erk if my OM lenses were compatable with Olympus digital offering and he went "dur" or similar. Would I need an adapter ? I asked, Dunno he replied. With that I chucked the camera at him & walked out. No wonder they are about to go bust!

Jessops HQ is not far away & I might try again via there.

My mate who is into Photography says buy a Canon

I continue to dither

Any Olympus DSLR users here???

Latest posts

Back