Which Crosscut saw?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arnold9801

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of changing my existing Elektra Beckhum Cross cut for a new one. It's been a brilliant tool and have had great use out of it for 26 years but would appreciate an update.

I particularly want the new saw to have the trench cut facility which is not on my Elektra.

I seem to be aiming towards the Dewalt 720 or the Makita. I'm willing to pay for top of the range if necessary, but would appreciate your advice based on your experiences with more recent models.

Thank you.

Arnold9801

I'm thinking of changing my existing Elektra Beckhum Cross cut for a new one. It's been a brilliant tool and have had great use out of it for 26 years but would appreciate an update.

I particularly want the new saw to have the trench cut facility which is not on my Elektra.

I seem to be aiming towards the Dewalt 720 or the Makita. I'm willing to pay for top of the range if necessary, but would appreciate your advice based on your experiences with more recent models.

Thank you.

Arnold9801
Imo I’ve found the double bevel cut the best feature of all mitre saws -it’s so easy to make a mistake if you only have a single bevel saw . I have the dewalt 708 / 305 mm saw and over 22 years later it’s never let me down . A little time setting it up and your all set . 20 years back there were very few double mitre saws but there may be more choice . I’ve used the depth stop to cut some decent joints .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 10
Imo I’ve found the double bevel cut the best feature of all mitre saws -it’s so easy to make a mistake if you only have a single bevel saw . I have the dewalt 708 / 305 mm saw and over 22 years later it’s never let me down . A little time setting it up and your all set . 20 years back there were very few double mitre saws but there may be more choice . I’ve used the depth stop to cut some decent joints .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 16
Back